- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Convert WMV to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert WMV to MP4
- 1.2 Convert WMV to MP4 Mac
- 1.3 Convert WMV to MP4 Online
- 1.4 Convert WMV to MOV
- 1.5 Convert WMV to MOV Mac
- 1.6 WMV to MOV Converter Online
- 1.7 Import WMV to Final Cut Pro
- 1.8 Convert WMV to MP3
- 1.9 Convert WMV to AVI
- 1.10 Convert WMV to GIF
- 1.11 Convert WMV to VLC Online
- 1.12 Convert WMV to DVD
- 1.13 WMV to MKV Converter Online
- 1.14 WMV to WMA Converter
- 1.15 Convert WMV to FLV
- 1.16 Convert WMV to MPG
- 1.17 Convert WMV to Apple
- 1.18 Convert WMV to WAV
- 1.19 WMV to AVI Converter Online
- 1.20 Convert WMV to VOB
- 1.21 WMV to SWF Converter
- 1.22 WMV to WebM Converter
- 2. Convert Other Format to MP4+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to WMV
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to WMV Online
- 2.3 MP4 to WMV Converter
- 2.4 Convert MOV to WMV
- 2.5 Convert MOV to WMV Online
- 2.6 MOV to WMV Converter
- 2.8 Convert AVI to WMV
- 2.9 Convert QuickTime to WMV
- 2.10 Convert FLV to WMV
- 2.11 Convert WLMP to WMV
- 2.12 Convert VOB to WMV
- 2.13 Convert MP3 to WMV
- 2.14 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.15 Convert M4V to WMV
- 2.16 Convert 3GP to WMV
- 2.17 Convert MTS to WMV
- 2.18 Convert WAV to WMV Online
- 2.19 Convert WebM to WMV
- 2.20 Convert VLC to WMV
- 2.21 MTS to WMV Converter
- 2.22 Convert DAT to WMV
- 2.23 Convert VOB to WMV
- 2.24 Convert AVCHD to WMV
- 2.25 Export Final Cut Pro to WMV
- 3. WMV Tools & Tips+
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
- Game Lovers
How to Import WMV to Final Cut Pro for Further Editing
by Christine Smith • 2023-04-17 19:38:42 • Proven solutions
When it comes to using the most powerful tool for editing videos, no one beats the final cut pro for MAC OS. This article will tell you the method on how you can import video to final cut pro for further editing and adding that professional touch for a better visual experience.
- Part 1. The popularity of Final Cut Pro
- Part 2. What is Final Cut Pro
- Part 3. How to Convert WMV to Final Cut Pro Compatible Format
- Part 4. How to Import Converted WMV files to Final Cut Pro
- Part 5. External Knowledge: Top 3 Tricks to Make Full of Final Cut Pro
Part 1. The popularity of Final Cut Pro
Due to its ease of use and professional editing tools, Final cut pro gained popularity among the MAC OS user who wanted to get their hands-on tools that will convert their photos and videos into a high-class piece of art. It is so famous that it can directly compete with the likes of Adobe Photoshop.
With such a powerful tool in hand, it is obvious that I would like to get their hand on such a tool. But for the user who watches a movie on windows or windows supported format, it would be hard to use a final cut pro. Since it is specially tailored for the MAC OS user, you will need to pick up your favorite files and convert the WMV file to FCP, a friendly format in order to use this powerful giant for editing purposes.
Part 2. What is Final Cut Pro
Final cut pro is a proprietary product that is currently developed and sold by Apple Inc. I bet when you know that the final cut pro is famous for the mass, you must be excited to learn about its cool features that make it the best in its field. Let us look at some of the best features that final cut pro has to offer:
- Magnetic Timeline: Easy assembling of shots and clips “magnetically” close up that will eliminate any unwanted gaps present in the timeline.
- The multichannel facility for Audio Editing: Simple keystroke option enables you to expand the Audio file.
- Multicam: There is the 64-bit engine that helps you working natively, also in real-time, along with a variety of formats, frame rates, and frame sizes.
- Clip Connections: keep related clips together.
- Auditions: With the unique Auditions feature, it’s easy to try out shots and find the perfect one.
- 3D Titles: It is now easy to make professional video titles in a few clicks away.
It must be all exciting to see why people just love final cut pro. In order to make the best out of the final cut pro, we must take a deeper look at what kind of video formats are supported by the final cut pro. See the screenshot below.
Part 3. How to Convert WMV to Final Cut Pro Compatible Format
For windows users, who would like to get their hands on a final cut pro to get that extra punch to their videos, you may just start converting WMV videos to FCP format. I want to introduce you to the expert software, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). Some of the wonderful features of Wondershare are as below.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox
Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
Support 90X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
Edit, enhance & personalize your video files.
Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD templates.
Support download or record videos from video sharing sites.
Versatile toolbox combines fixing video metadata, GIF maker, VR converter, and screen recorder.
Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360, or PS3.
Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Now, let us look at how you can convert WMV to FCP (Final cut pro compatible format) or any video format for the case:
Step 1 Add the files.
This is how the interface of the Wondershare UniConverter looks when it is first launched. You will need to add the required file to the interface. This can be done by dragging the file from the folder where the WMVs are stored in the software interface, or you can use the add file button, which is located at the top-left side of the interface.
Step 2 Select the preference of output file to convert WMV to FCP.
After adding the file, you can individually choose the file's output format, or you can do it for all the files in one go.
- For individual file: Select the drop-down menu, as shown in the image. Then select the preferences as suitable. Then click on the convert button on the right side.
- For batch: Select the drop-down menu, as shown in the image. Select the preferred output, as shown in the pop-up box. After that, click on Start all at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3 Get the converted file.
You can open the new WMV converted file in two ways.
- Click on the folder icon down below to see the folder where converted files are saved.
Note: You can choose to go to Preference > Location tab simply, you can change the saved folder for the converted files.
- Follow the converted tab where you can see an intuitive list of all the converted files.
Part 4. How to Import Converted WMV files to Final Cut Pro
To import the converted WMV files to the final cut pro, follow the given steps below:
Step 1. Go to import button which is at the top of the interface
Step 2. Select the converted file and click on choose. The imported video will look like as shown in the image
Step 3. Select your preferences and click on the import button. The videos will be available on the resource list.
Part 5. External Knowledge: Top 3 Tricks to Make Full of Final Cut Pro
Before you edit video in final cut pro, here are some pro tips that you should keep in mind to make the best use of final cut pro:
1. Live Trimming
To edit the videos in the play mode, use the following shortcuts:
- Option-[ to start the clip at the current playhead position (Trim Start).
- Option-] to end the clip at the current playhead position (Trim End).
- Option- trims to the start or end, whichever is closer to the current playhead position (Trim to Playhead).
2. Adjustment Layers
If you’re shooting with a camera that records in a Log color space, an easy way to work with the footage is to apply a correction filter to an adjustment layer, then correct each clip individually with the color board.
3. Encoding Fast
I am using the Faster Encode options in FCP X, as shown in the image.
Final Cut Pro is the most advanced video editing software available in the market, and now you know how you can edit your lovely videos with the software. So use our Wondershare UniConverter to import video to final cut pro and convert WMV to FCP right away.
Your complete video toolbox