- 1. Convert WMV to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert WMV to MP4
- 1.2 Convert WMV to MP4 Mac
- 1.3 Convert WMV to MP4 Online
- 1.4 Convert WMV to MOV
- 1.5 Convert WMV to MOV Mac
- 1.6 WMV to MOV Converter Online
- 1.7 Import WMV to Final Cut Pro
- 1.8 Convert WMV to MP3
- 1.9 Convert WMV to AVI
- 1.10 Convert WMV to GIF
- 1.11 Convert WMV to VLC Online
- 1.12 Convert WMV to DVD
- 1.13 Burn WMV to DVD
- 1.14 WMV to MKV Converter Online
- 1.15 WMV to WMA Converter
- 1.16 Convert WMV to FLV
- 1.17 Convert WMV to MPG
- 1.18 Convert WMV to Apple
- 1.19 Convert WMV to WAV
- 1.20 WMV to AVI Converter Online
- 1.21 Convert WMV to VOB
- 1.22 WMV to SWF Converter
- 2. Convert Other Format to MP4+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to WMV
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to WMV Online
- 2.3 MP4 to WMV Converter
- 2.4 Convert MOV to WMV
- 2.5 Convert MOV to WMV Online
- 2.6 MOV to WMV Converter
- 2.7 Convert YouTube to WMV
- 2.8 Convert AVI to WMV
- 2.9 Convert QuickTime to WMV
- 2.10 Convert FLV to WMV
- 2.11 Convert WLMP to WMV
- 2.12 Convert VOB to WMV
- 2.13 Convert MP3 to WMV
- 2.14 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.15 Convert M4V to WMV
- 2.16 Convert 3GP to WMV
- 2.17 Convert MTS to WMV
- 2.18 Convert WAV to WMV Online
- 2.19 Convert WebM to WMV
- 2.20 Convert VLC to WMV
- 2.21 MTS to WMV Converter
- 2.22 Convert DAT to WMV
- 2.23 Convert VOB to WMV
- 2.24 Convert AVCHD to WMV
- 2.25 Export Final Cut Pro to WMV
- 3. WMV Tools & Tips+
Files with .wmv extension are Windows Media Video files, which is developed by Microsoft for web streaming applications but now caters to more specialized content. As one of the smallest video files over the internet, WMV video is always resulted in deterioration of image quality, especially after video compression. If you have WMV video files and a DVD Player, chances are you will want to enjoy the WMV videos on the DVD Player. However, most DVD players do not support WMV format but DVD, CD, MPEG-2 and DivX AVI.
Does this mean that you can't watch WMV file on DVD player? Sure not! In this article we will show you 2 easy ways to prepare your WMV videos for playback on any DVD player. It doesn't matter if are using a Mac or Windows computer, read on to learn how to convert WMV to DVD player format on Windows/Mac.
- Part 1. How to Effectively Burn WMV to DVD Disc
- Part 2. How to Convert WMV to DVD Format Free Online
If you have WMV videos you'd like to watch on your standalone DVD player at home, you will first need to convert the WMV files to DVD. To do this, we highly recommend using Wondershare WMV to DVD Burner, which not only converts WMV to DVD without losing any image quality, but allows you to edit WMV videos by adding special effects, subtitles and even an elegant DVD menu. Additionally, the versatile WMV to DVD converter converts WMV to 1000+ different audio and video formats including MP3, MKV, AVI, FLAC, MP4 and much more.
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Support device specific formats including handhelds, Zune, Apple TV, Android, PSP, PS4, Blackberry, Xbox 1 and more
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Powerful video editing features like trimming, cropping, rotating, adding subtitle and effects, etc.
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Tutorial on How to Convert WMV to DVD with Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
You don't need to be computer whiz to convert WMV to DVD using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. Anyone can master WMV/DVD conversion by following the simple steps below.
Step 1 Add WMV file to Wondershare WMV to DVD burner
Assuming you have downloaded and installed Wondersher WMV to DVD burner, now launch the program and click the Burn tab, then click in the top-left to load the WMV video you want to burn to DVD.
Step 2 Edit WMV video before burning (Optional)
Here you're able to customize your WMV video by its versatile editing features. To access the editing window, you can click the editing icon below the video thumbnail of the just added WMV file. There are 6 categories for you to choose from.
- Video Mode: Change video modes between 2D/3D and 180/360 degrees.
- Trim: Assign a new length to your video Adjust: Rotate, flip, crop or change the aspect ratio.
- Effect: Adjust the volume, brightness, contrast and saturation to improve your video.
- Watermark: Apply a custom watermark logo, text or image to your video.
- Subtitle: Add subtitles and edit their position.
Step 3 Adjust DVD settings
Click the template thumbnail on the right to choose your desired DVD templates, and then select Menu Type, Aspect Ratio, TV Standard and Quality in the section below.
Step 4 Start burning WMV to DVD
When you're satisfied with your settings, insert a blank DVD disc into your DVD drive, and choose the save path you want to Burn video to:. After that, click the Burn button to start burning WMV video to DVD.
Although many people search for ways to convert WMV to DVD, as a matter of fact, there is no way to do it as online DVD burner is still not available yet. The most practical alternative is to convert your WMV file into a format that is universally supported. We recommend MP4 as it is supported by all media players on Mac and Windows, including all video playing devices such as DVD players.
An online converter tool that enables you convert WMV to MP4 is Zamzar, allowing you to perform WMV to MP4 conversion within 3 simple steps.
- First, launch the website and then upload your WMV files by drag-and-drop.
- Next, set your output format to MP4 and then enter your e-mail address.
- Lastly, click Convert to start converting WMV to MP4, and the converted .mp4 file will be sent to you via email.
Note: While this may be a solution for tiny files, you may have to look elsewhere if you want to convert multiple files or videos bigger than 50MB. It is also worth mentioning that this online app does not produce the best quality files and conversion can be slow especially when traffic is high.