- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 2.1 Play MTS on iPad
- 2.2 Play M2TS with Plex Media Server
- 2.3 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.4 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.7 Best MTS to MOV Converter
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.9 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.10 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.11 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.12 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.13 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.15 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.17 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.18 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.19 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3. Camera Video Converters +
- 4. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 4.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 4.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 4.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 4.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 4.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 4.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 4.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 4.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 4.9 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 4.10 Top Sony Camcorders
Quick Steps to Convert MTS to WMV on Windows/Mac
"I bought the Canon Vixia HF200 (HF20) and recorded video. I removed the memory card and hooked it up to my USB adapter to load the videos into my PC. I tried importing the video file to Windows Movie Maker for editing, but failed. The file type is .mts. What do I need to do? How do I get my videos loaded onto my pc for editing?"
Windows Movie Maker cannot read MTS file. If you want to import MTS to Windows Movie Maker for editing, you have to convert it to other formats first, such as WMV. And it's easy to do so. All you need is an MTS to WMV converter. Read this article to learn the simple steps to convert MTS to WMV oline free and easily on Windows/Mac.
- Part 1. Best MTS to WMV Converter to Convert MTS Files on Windows 10/8/7
- Part 2. General Knowledge About MTS Files and Conversion
Part 1. Best MTS to WMV Converter to Convert MTS Files on Windows 10/8/7
To convert MTS files to WMV on Windows 10/8/7, Wondershare UniConverter is the most recommended software as it's multiple-function, easy-to-use, fast, and high-quality. You can convert MTS files to WMV format within 3 steps, it also support other 1000+ common video formats with features of video editing, compressing, burning, etc. Works on both Windows and Mac system, you can free download it and follow the steps below to have a try.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best MTS to WMV Converter for Windows/Mac
- Convert MTS videos to WMV and over 1000 formats including MP4, AVI, FLV, MKV, MOV, etc.
- Convert MTS files to optimized presets for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit MTS video files with trimming, cutting, merging, adding subtitles, etc.
- Burn and customize MTS videos to DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to Quickly Convert MTS to MOV within Quick and Simple Steps
Step 1 Load MTS files to convert to WMV.
Load MTS files to the file list by clicking on the Add Files button in the top-left corner of the interface. This MTS to WMV converter supports batch conversion, so you can add several videos at one time to convert.
Step 2 Edit MTS files optionally before converting to WMV.
This MTS to WMV converter can help you rotate, crop, cut, add various cool effects/subtitle/watermark to your MTS files, and even merge several videos into a big video before the conversion. All you need is to click the Edit icons under the video thumbnail. You can skip this step if you don't need any changes.
Step 3 Select WMV as output format for MTS files.
Click on the drop-down icon from the Convert all files to: box and select Video tab, choose WMV in the left sidebar and select the video resolution in the right to confirm the output format.
Step 4 Convert MTS to WMV on Windows 10
After setting the format, you can click the Convert All to start MTS to WMV conversion. And the the rest will be accomplished automatically by the smart software. The converted files can be found under the Converted tab.
Now, you can enjoy your WMV videos as you wish. Of course, you also can extract the audio from your videos if you have a need. Wondershare MTS to WMV converter allows you to convert audio to popular formats. Just choose the output format as your desired audio format such as MP3 and follow the similar steps above.
Part 2. General Knowledge About MTS Files and Conversion
1. What's MTS Format
MTS is a high-definition mpeg stream video format. It is commonly called AVCHD, which stands for Advanced Video Codec High Definition. MTS is based on the MPEG-2 transport stream and supports 720p and 1080i HD video formats. It is used by Sony, Cannon, Panasonic and other HD camcorders.
2. How to Convert MTS to WMV Online Free
If you don't want to download and install any software on your PC/Mac, then you can try online MTS to WMV converters. The most recommended one is Online UniConverter, which also supports most common video formats. It's totally free to use, and convert MTS files without any ads or watermarks. The conversion steps are also very simple, and you can download the converted files directly or save to Dropbox.
3. Further Reading About MTS File Conversion
Convert M2TS/MTS to MPEG: Learn how to easily and quickly convert files in M2TS or MTS to MPEG files with loss-less quality on Windows/Mac OS.
Free MTS Converter : Wondershare Free MTS Converter is especially designed for converting High Definition video (MTS, AVCHD, M2TS, TS etc) to any common video and audio format.
Convert MTS to ProRes: Want to convert MTS to ProRes for smooth editing in FCP, iMovie, or Adobe Premier? Get the best solution here.