- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 2.1 Play MTS on iPad
- 2.2 Play M2TS with Plex Media Server
- 2.3 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.4 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.7 Best MTS to MOV Converter
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.9 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.10 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.11 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.12 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.13 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.15 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to DVD
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MPG
- 3.18 Convert MOD to WMV
- 3.19 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.20 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.21 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3. Camera Video Converters +
- 4. Other Tips & Tricks +
[Sovled] How to Convert and Import MTS to iMovie Easily
iMovie is an application by Apple designed to help in video editing that comes free with the iLife Suite for Mac. The application also allows users to organize video files, edit batch files, apply effects, adjust audio and video quality, among many more features. Many common video formats are supported by the iMovie including MP4, MOV, and M4V. However, importing MTS to iMovie is a challenging task, especially raw files that the application cannot recognize from the camcorders.
Discussed in this article is how to solve the problem that can't import MTS to iMovie. To do this, you will have to work around and convert MTS to iMovie compatible formats which can be easily imported to the iMovie. This will be achieved by the use of a powerful and professional MTS to iMovie conversion tool, which will offer fast conversions and maximum video quality.
- Part 1. How to convert and import MTS to iMovie on Windows/Mac
- Part 2. Why MTS files cannot be imported to iMovie
Part 1. How to convert and import MTS to iMovie on Windows/Mac.
At the first beginning, you should convert camera MTS files to iMovie supported formats with a professional tool. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is such an MTS to iMovie Converter which helps you convert MTS videos to MOV, MP4, and more others. Compatible with both Windows and Mac system, Wondershare UniConverter supports 1000+ formats and devices presets. Follow the steps below to convert MTS to iMovie compatible formats for easy importing and editing.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best MTS to iMovie Converter
- Convert MTS files to iMovie compatible formats including MP4, MOV, M4V, and others.
- Support 1000+ video and audio formats for conversion with super fast speed and no quality loss.
- Edit videos with trimming, cutting, merging, adding watermarks, editing subtitles, applying effects, etc.
- Transfer converted files to devices like iPhone, iPad, Android phones easily with a USB cable.
- Burn and customize MTS videos to DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
How to Convert MTS Files for iMovie Using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Download and install Wondershare UniConverter for Mac.
After downloading and installing Wondershare UniConverter for Mac, you can open it and you will enter the window of Video Converter by default.
Step 2 Add MTS files need to convert to iMovie.
Open the folder where the MTS file that needs to be converted resides. Drag and drop the MTS file into the middle section of the program’s interface. Wait until the file is added to Wondershare UniConverter for Mac.
Step 3 Select iMovie as the output format.
Click the inverted triangle beside Output Format: from under the Output Format section, click the Editing category and select the output format iMovie and the related resolution.
Step 4 Convert MTS files to iMovie compatible format.
Click Start All button to start the MTS to iMovie conversion. After a while, you can find the converted file in the Converted section.
How to Import a Converted MTS Video to iMovie on Mac
After you have followed the above steps to convert an MTS file to your preferred iMovie compatible format and transferred the converted file on to your Mac computer that has iMovie installed, you can follow the steps given below to import the file to iMovie:
1. Open iMovie on your Mac computer.
2. Click the File menu from the top of the interface.
3. From the displayed menu, click Import Movies.
4. From the opened box, locate and click to select the converted file that you want to import to iMovie.
5. Once selected, from the lower section of the box, click to select the Create new Event radio button.
6. In the available field, type a name for the new event.
7. Optionally, you can choose your preferred video size from the Import 1080i video as a drop-down list as needed.
8. Ensure that the Copy files radio button is selected from the lower-left section of the box to make sure that the original file is not modified, and its copy is created when you edit the video.
9. Click Import from the bottom of the box when done.
10. Wait until the video file is imported to iMovie.
11. Wait until iMovie generates the required thumbnails.
12. Once done, you can start making the required changes to converted and added video.
Part 2. Why MTS files cannot be imported to iMovie?
The Advanced Video Coding High Definition (AVCHD) video files that are captured using a camcorder or video camera use the.MTS extension. Because these files are raw and due to certain limitations, they cannot be imported directly to iMovie. That being said, an efficient conversion tool is needed to convert the MTS files to an iMovie supported format before they can be imported to the program for further editing or modifications as needed.
Although there are several applications available in the market that can convert the MTS files to iMovie supported format, Wondershare UniConverter would be your best choice as it provides a user-friendly interface and makes the overall conversion tasks easy. Also, it can work as an alternative to iMovie to help you edit videos easily.