- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 2.1 Play MTS on iPad
- 2.2 Play M2TS with Plex Media Server
- 2.3 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.4 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.7 Best MTS to MOV Converter
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.9 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.10 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.11 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.12 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.13 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.15 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to DVD
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MPG
- 3.18 Convert MOD to WMV
- 3.19 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.20 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.21 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3. Camera Video Converters +
- 4. Other Tips & Tricks +
Complete solutions for videos/pictures from any cameras>>
Have you encountered a file with an MTS extension, and you are wondering what kind of format it is? Well, here is the answer. MTS is a file extension of Advanced Video Coding (AVCHD). AVCHD is a high definition format often created in Camcorders, such as Panasonic and Sony. Whereas WMV is one of the best formats regarded as the default format of Windows, in other words, any Windows of any genre supports WMV format. Therefore, people prefer converting MTS to WMV in many cases.
- Part 1. Why People Convert MTS to WMV
- Part 2. How to Convert MTS to WMV on Windows in Simple Steps
- Part 3. How to Free Convert MTS to WMV Using Online Converter
Part 1. Why People Convert MTS to WMV
Generally, there're mainly 3 reasons causing people to consider MTS to WMV conversion.
- You want to play MTS on your Android phone or iOS phone, which will force you to convert them to standard video formats like WMV, MOV, or AVI.
- You may want to minimize disk space usage. WMV is a compressed format that occupies less space compared to the HD MTS file.
- WMV format is compatible with several media players, mobile devices, and browsers compared to MTS files, which are only limited to camcorders and a few media players.
Part 2. How to Convert MTS to WMV on Windows in Simple Steps
Without further ado, we'd like to recommend Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). This professional video converter combines video converter, online video downloader, DVD burner, video streamer, and more.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV and more
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 90X faster conversion speed.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
The related process is very easy to follow, and the user needs to make sure that the best is provided to the system by following the steps below. With the inception of windows mobile devices, the advantages and the usability of the format have also increased a lot. For the same reason, it is also to be noted that the user will not only get the best results in this regard but will also make sure that the files are played without any delay and issue. The Wav being a multimedia format makes sure that the user gets the best results, and the quality is never compromised.
Step 1 The user needs to install Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) on the computer first, make sure to download the right version via the download button above. Launch it after installation.
Step 2 Click on the upper-left side to add the files you want to convert. You can add several files in one go as the converter supports batch conversion.
Step 3 Click the down arrow icon beside the Output Format button to expand the output format list, click the Video tab and choose WMV from the left sidebar and then select the video resolution in the right to confirm the output format.
Step 4 Hit the Start All button at the lower-right bottom of the software window to start converting MTS to WMV audio codec. Immediately, you can see the purple conversion progress bar, and the program will finish the conversion in a short time. After that, you can switch to the Finished tab to locate the converted audio file on your computer.
Moreover, WMV takes less space as compared to MTS and M2TS, which is widely in use and regarded as the preferred format. Been used to upload songs and videos to YouTube also shows the extensive usage and the popularity of WMV. So grab your video and convert it to WMV right away!
Part 3. How to Free Convert MTS to WMV Using Online Converter
Zamzar is an online MTS to WMV converter that offers you quick and free conversions. It is user-friendly and only takes a few steps to convert the files. However, you cannot upload a file that exceeds 100MB. Follow these baby steps and convert your MTS to WMV.
Step 1. Go to the Zamzar website and click on the Choose Files file button. This will take you to your computer's local drive. Alternatively, you drag and drop the MTS file or download it online by pasting the MTS URL link.
Step 2. Once the MTS File has been uploaded to the Zamzar MTS converter, you can now choose the output format. Click on the output icon and scroll down to video formats and select WMV format.
Step 3. After that, you will have to provide an email address where the converted file will be sent. Enter the correct email address and then tick the agreement button. From there, click on Convert, and Zamzar will begin to convert your MTS file. Once the file has been converted, you will receive a notification. Open your email and download the WMV file.
It is that simple!