- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices +
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 3.1 Convert Canon MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.2 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.3 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.4 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac/Windows
- 3.7 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.9 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.10 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.11 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.13 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.19 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.20 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.21 Convert HDV Video
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3.23 Convert MTS to DV
- 3.24 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.25 Convert AVCHD/M2TS/MTS to iTunes
- 3.26 Convert MTS to FLV
- 4. Camera Video Converters +
- 4.1 Top 5 Free Online MTS to MOV Converter
- 4.2 Free MTS Converter
- 4.3 Best M2TS Converter
- 4.4 Sanyo Camcorder Converter
- 4.5 Sony Camcorder Converter
- 4.6 Top VHS Converters
- 4.7 Tod Converter for Mac
- 4.8 Free MOD Converter
- 4.9 MOD Converter for Mac
- 4.10 M2T Converter
- 4.11 Best MTS Converter
- 4.12 MTS Convert on Mac
- 4.13 TS Converter for Mac
- 4.14 TS Converter for Windows
- 4.15 MTS to WMV Converter
- 4.16 Aiseesoft MTS Converter Alternative
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 5.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 5.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 5.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 5.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 5.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 5.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 5.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 5.9 Best Connon Cameras & Camcorders
- 5.10 Best JVC Camcorders
- 5.11 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 5.12 The Most Popular Panasonic Cameras
- 5.13 Best Sony Video Camera
- 5.14 Top Sony Camcorders
iMovie is an application by Apple designed to help in video editing that comes free with the iLife Suite for Mac. The application also allows users to organize video files, edit batch files, apply effects, adjust audio and video quality, among many more features. Some of the video formats supported by the iMovie application include DV, HDV, MPEG-2, MPEG 4, H.264, AIC codecs, and AVCHD. However, importing MTS to iMovie is a challenging task, especially raw files that the application cannot recognize from the camcorders.
Discussed in this article is how to solve the problem and steps to help you import MTS to iMovie hassle free. To do this, you will have to work around and convert the MTS to iMovie format which can be easily imported to the iMovie. This will be achieved by use of a powerful and professional MTS to iMovie conversion tool, which will offer fast conversions and maximum video quality.
- Part 1. How to Import MTS to iMovie on Mac Using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac
- Part 2. Why an MTS Video File Cannot Be Imported to iMovie
For most Mac users, coming across the dilemma of importing MTS video files to iMovie is a common thing even when following the iMovie instructions. Most camcorders cannot recognize the file format. In this case, you will be required to convert MTS to iMovie using the professional MTS iMovie application Wondershare Video Converter per Mac which is designed to help you accomplish the conversion with an ease and at an ultra high speed without compromising on the quality of the video.
1. Download and install Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac helps users to convert videos between a wide range of formats and easily export them to their portable media devices. The application is also designed to correct common bugs in web downloading errors and supports a wide range of smartphones and tablets.
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV and more
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
2. How to Convert an MTS file to iMovie Compatible file Using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac
If you are looking for an easy way to convert your MTS to iMovie, following are a few steps to help you achieve your goal with Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac.
Step 1 Import MTS files
Import your MTS video to the Wondershare Video converter by clicking on the Add Files button, or simply by dragging and dropping the video file from your folder to the window.
Step 2 Choose iMovie Compatible Format
Click the icon from the Target box to get the output format list, then select any video format that is compatible with the iMovie from the list, eg. MP4. Just select Video > FLV and choose a video resolution in the right.
Step 3 Convert MTS to iMovie
Click on the Convert button to start the conversion process. You can also opt to cancel the process if you wish. Once the conversion is complete, you can switch to the Converted tab to access the new converted files.
Step 4 Import the Converted File to iMovie
After above video conversion, now click on the Import button to choose the newly converted video files in the above process and select Import Media. You can easily select the files from your hard disk to iMovie by dragging and dropping the files on the interface instead of using the Import button.
To answer this question, we have to first understand the VCHD, which is short for Advanced Video, Codec High Definition which was developed by Panasonic and Sony for camcorders. It is basically a form on video compression, which allows larger data created using the HD video recording to be saved in the internal hard disk and expandable memory. MTS, short for MPEG -2 Transport Stream is a part of the AVCHD and is used for multiplexing audio and video. This is not an editable file, but a container file lacking the necessary information needed by iMovie and other editing tools. While you may have luck playing the files using some players, you will not be able to import it into iMovie and other editing software.