- 1. Import Camera Videos to Apps+
- 2. Play Camera Videos on Devices +
- 3. Convert Camera Videos to Other formats +
- 3.1 Convert Canon MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.2 Convert Panasonic MTS/M2TS to Any Format
- 3.3 Convert M2TS/MTS with Handbrake
- 3.4 Convert MTS to MPEG
- 3.5 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MTS to MOV on Mac/Windows
- 3.7 Convert M2TS to MOV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MP3
- 3.9 Convert MTS to 3GP
- 3.10 Convert MTS to QuickTime
- 3.11 Convert MTS to WMV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MP4
- 3.13 Convert M2TS to MP4
- 3.14 Convert MXF to MOV
- 3.15 Convert VRO to MP4
- 3.16 Convert MOD to MOV
- 3.17 Convert MOD to MP4
- 3.18 Convert MTS to Prores
- 3.19 Convert VHS to Digital
- 3.20 Convert 8mm Film to Digital
- 3.21 Convert HDV Video
- 3.22 Convert JVC Camcorder Videos on Mac
- 3.23 Convert MTS to DV
- 3.24 Convert MTS to iMovie
- 3.25 Convert AVCHD/M2TS/MTS to iTunes
- 3.26 Convert MTS to FLV
- 4. Camera Video Converters +
- 4.1 Top 5 Free Online MTS to MOV Converter
- 4.2 Free MTS Converter
- 4.3 Best M2TS Converter
- 4.4 Sanyo Camcorder Converter
- 4.5 Sony Camcorder Converter
- 4.6 Top VHS Converters
- 4.7 Tod Converter for Mac
- 4.8 Free MOD Converter
- 4.9 MOD Converter for Mac
- 4.10 M2T Converter
- 4.11 Best MTS Converter
- 4.12 MTS Convert on Mac
- 4.13 TS Converter for Mac
- 4.14 TS Converter for Windows
- 4.15 MTS to WMV Converter
- 4.16 Aiseesoft MTS Converter Alternative
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Camera Video File Formats
- 5.2 Add Subtitles to M2TS
- 5.3 Transfer Videos from Camcorder to Computer
- 5.4 Burn Videos from Camcorder to DVD
- 5.5 Compress Camcorder Video
- 5.6 Upload M2TS to YouTube
- 5.7 Connect Camcorder to Mac
- 5.8 Import Sony Video to Mac
- 5.9 Best Connon Cameras & Camcorders
- 5.10 Best JVC Camcorders
- 5.11 Best 4K Camcorders in 2017
- 5.12 The Most Popular Panasonic Cameras
- 5.13 Best Sony Video Camera
- 5.14 Top Sony Camcorders
If you hold a lot of amazing MTS/M2TS files footages recording the precious moments like birthday party, wedding ceremony, wonderful performance etc, you may probably consider to make them more meaningful and stylish by professional video editing tools like iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe-Premiere, etc. However, in the majority of cases, you may fail to import them. The reason is that such professional video-editing tools often handle footages from DV, MP4, and MOV etc. not give good support for MTS files.
To successfully import the MTS/M2TS files, you should convert them to its friendly format first, namely MOV, MP4, or DV format. Compared with MP4, MOV (encoded with inter-frames), DV provides videos with intra-frames, with each frame having being a self-contained picture. Thus it can be easily decoded to an image and easier for editing. Therefore, converting MTS for editing purpose, DV format is the best choice .This tutorial provides a simple workaround to convert MTS to DV quickly and easily with professional and intuitive Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). Please read on to get more details.
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV and more
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Note: This MTS to DV converter not only converts MTS to DV, but MP4, MOV and other over 1000 formats as well. What's more, its Mac version supports the latest Mojave OS. Note that both versions function almost the same and this guide takes Windows screenshots for example.
Step 1 Import MTS files to the MTS to DV converter
Generally, there're 2 options for you to load MTS video to the program. You can either click File > Add Media Files or simply drag and drop your MTS videos to the program.
But if your MTS files are on camcorder, you can import them directly from the device. Just plug your camcorder into computer, then run this software, choose the files you want and at last, hit the Add button to import. After all files are imported, you can fix the order, change the output name, and preview them.
Step 2 Select DV as the output format
Click the icon from the Target box and select Video > DV and choose a video resolution in the right. Moreover, you can choose the presets for iMovie and Final Cut Pro from Apple Software, which usually works great and highly compatible.
Before MTS to DV conversion, it is optional to customize your videos by trimming unwanted parts, cropping the black edge, merging video clips into one, etc. In short, You can make your video perfect by this way.
Step 3 Start to convert MTS to DV
Once you confirm everything goes as you plan, just click Convert. The progress bar will show you the conversion processing. Then congratulations! You can import the converted file to iMovie, Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro within several seconds.
Now enjoy the time with iMovie, Final Cut Pro, etc. to create your masterpiece!
Convert MTS to AVI: Wondershare MTS converter for Mac allows you to convert MTS to any audio/video format or device etc.
Convert MTS to QuickTime MOV: Convert your camera MTS videos to QuickTime MOV format for uses in Apple software and devices etc.
Please get the tutorial here.