Free MP4 Converters
- 1. Free MP4 Converters+
- 2. Online Video to MP4 Converter+
- 3. Online MP4 to Video Converter+
- 3.1 MP4 to MP3 Converter Online
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to 3GP Online
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to DIVX Online
- 3.4 Convert MP4 to SWF Online
- 3.5 Convert MP4 to M4V Online
- 3.6 MP4 to FLV Converter Online
- 3.7 MP4 to FLV Converter Online
- 3.8 MP4 to WMA Converter Online
- 3.9 MP4 to MPG Converter Online
- 3.10 Convert MP4 to OGG Online
- 3.11 MP4 to WAV Converter Online
- 3.12 Convert MP4 to OGV Online
- 3.13 Convert MP4 to WMV Online
- 3.14 MP4 to WEBM Converter Online
- 3.15 MP4 to MOV Converter Online
- 3.16 MP4 to AVI Converter Online
There is no doubt that MP4 files are the most popular format, widely used everywhere. But sometime you may want an FLV converter to convert MP4 to FLV format to meet some special needs. To begin this task, let's take a look at these two formats.
What is MP4?
Developed by Moving Pictures Expert Group (MPEG), MP4 is a digital multimedia container format used to store video, audio, and other data like still images and subtitles. With .mp4 as the file extension, it is one of the most popular and commonly used video formats that allows streaming over the net and is compatible with various platforms and devices.
What is FLV?
FLV, a short form of Flash Video, is a container file format used to transmit digital video content like TV Shows, movies, and others over the net using Adobe Flash Player or Adobe Air. These files may also be embedded within SWF files. FLV is a standard video format used by most of the embedded videos over the net, including videos on popular sites like YouTube and others.
- Part 1. Why Do You Need to Convert MP4 to FLV Online?
- Part 2. Top 5 Online MP4 to FLV Converters
- Part 3. Ultimate Online MP4 to FLV Converter Alternative
Part 1. Why Do You Need to Convert MP4 to FLV Online?
The majority of video sharing sites on the Internet support FLV videos because of its small size that makes it easy to share. Moreover, FLV files use fewer resources on the computer and network, and thus, you can view and download them smoothly, even in situations of the poor network. So it can be concluded that if you have a collection of MP4 videos that you wish to upload or share on the Internet through YouTube, Hulu, or other video sites, then converting MP4 files to FLV format is a good option. Easy sharing and small file size make FLV as the perfect alternative to MP4.
Part 2. Top 5 Online MP4 to FLV converters
Online converters are a good choice to convert MP4 to FLV online, as most of these tools are free and simple to use. These converters do not require any download, installation, or registration and can be used directly over the browser. A roundup of the top 5 online MP4 to FLV converter is listed below:
1. Online UniConverter (originally Media.io)
This is one of the top online converters that allow converting MP4 to FLV format. The converter supports an array of video, audio input, and output formats. The tool has a simple to use interface and allows uploading up to 100MB of a file. You can add 2 files for conversion at each time. The converted files can be downloaded directly or saved to Dropbox.
- Support batch conversion at one time.
- Simple interface with support to an array of video and audio formats
- Allows uploading up to 100MB files.
- The Internet speed limits the conversion speed.
- The supported formats are less than Desktop converters.
Zamzar is a popular name when it comes to top online converters as the program supports more than 1200 types of conversion, including video, audio, eBook, image, CAD, music, and others. Thus, in addition to online MP4 to FLV converter, it works as a multipurpose converter. While using the program, you do not need to download any software, and thus, the entire process is quick and convenient. The link for the converted files is sent to the provided email address.
- Support more than 1200 types of conversion with 1200 file formats.
- Simple interface with a quick conversion process.
- Support multiple file upload for conversion.
- It does not allow setting any advanced options for the converted file.
- The maximum upload size is 50MB for free.
3. Free Encoding
This is another name in the list of top online converters. The program is simple and free to use. You just need to add the desired file to the program, select output format, and the converted file will be available for download. The online MP4 to FLV converter also allows customizing the conversion process by setting bit rate, clip length, FPS, resolution, and other features of the file. The program also has an option where conversion quality can be selected from options of highest, high, medium, low, and lowest. There is also an option where you can save your converted files to your Dropbox account.
- Allows selecting bitrate, resolution, frame rate, and other parameters of the output file.
- A converted file can also be saved directly to Dropbox.
- It does not allow adding multiple files for the conversion process.
- Limited format support as compared to other converters.
File conversion is a decent online converter that allows converting video, audio, and archive files of different formats in addition to MP4 to FLV. Using the program, you simply need to add the desired file from your PC, select the output format, select quality and size, and then initiate the conversion process. The converted files are made available through a download link. The converter allows selecting the size of the output file, and also it's quality.
- Simple interface.
- Allows selecting the size and quality of the output file.
- Limited file format support as compared to other online converters.
- The slow conversion process.
Convertio is a popular online converter that comes loaded with the host of features to make your MP4 to FLV conversion process quick and convenient. The program supports different video, audio, archive, image, eBook, and document formats for conversion. Available for Windows and Mac system, Convertio allows adding files from the computer, URL, Google Drive, and Dropbox. Once the files are converted, they can be downloaded from the interface or directly saved to Google Drive or Dropbox. The converter allows adding multiple files at a time for the conversion process.
- Allows adding files from multiple sources, including PC, URL, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- Support adding multiple files at a time for the conversion process.
- Besides downloading, converted files can also be saved to Dropbox or Google Drive.
- It does not support setting advanced file options like quality, resolution, and others.
Part 3. Ultimate Online MP4 to FLV Converter Alternative
Online converters are definitely a decent option for converting MP4 to FLV format. The majority of these converters have limitations like limited file size support, Internet connection for the process, limited file format support, no option for advanced settings, no additional features, and others. If you, too, have faced issues with online converters related to the above limitations and looking for a more reliable, complete, and stable solution, then professional software like Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will prove to be the best alternative. This wonderful software has an array of features that take complete care of all your conversion and post-conversion needs. Some striking features that make Video Converter Ultimate as the ultimate online converter alternative are listed below:
- Directly convert MP4 to FLV, AVI, MKV, MOV, and other 1000 formats.
- Allows adding multiple files for batch conversion process at 30X faster speed than a common converter.
- Allows burning, creating, and converting DVDs.
- Optimized conversion presets for iDVD, iMovie, Final.
- Edit videos with advanced video editing functions, like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles, etc.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS X 10.12 (Serrie), 10.11(El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Watch Video Tutorial to Convert MP4 to FLV on Windows
Guide to Convert MP4 to FLV with Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Launch Wondershare FLV converter and add MP4 file(s).
Download, install and launch UniConverter on your PC. On the main software interface, click Add Files to add the desired MP4 file from your PC. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop the required files. The selected MP4 file will be successfully added to the software interface.
Step 2 Select FLV as the output format.
On the bottom of the software besides Output Format, select FLV and the resolution from the Video category.
Step 3Start the MP4 to FLV conversion.
Finally, click Convert or Start All to start the conversion process. The MP4 file will be converted to FLV and will automatically save to the selected output folder.
Considering the above listed online converters and professional software, it can be concluded that all of them have their pros and cons. Online converters are great when looking for a free option with a few files for the conversion process without any need for additional features. When it comes to many files that need to be converted with additional features, professional software like Wondershare UniConverter proves to be an apt choice. Where professional software needs download and registration, online converters are dependent on the availability of an internet connection. Thus it can be said that selecting between online converters and desktop software totally depends upon your requirements and expectations from a converter. For regular users, download Wondershare UniConverter to have a free trial now.