Convert MP4 to Other Format
- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. Convert MP4 on Windows+
- 1.1 MP4 to WMV Converters
- 1.2 Free MP4 to MP3 Converters
- 1.3 Free MP4 to AVI Converters
- 1.4 Convert MP4 to YouTube
- 1.5 Convert MP4 to Xvid
- 1.6 Convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker
- 1.7 Convert MP4 to WEBM
- 1.8 Convert MP4 to WAV
- 1.9 Convert MP4 to VOB
- 1.10 Convert MP4 to SWF
- 1.11 Convert MP4 to MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2
- 1.12 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 1.13 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 1.14 Convert MP4 to M4V
- 2. Convert MP4 to Other on Windows+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to ISO
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to iPod
- 2.3 Convert MP4 to iPhone
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to iPad
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to iDVD
- 2.6 Convert MP4 to FLV
- 2.7 Burn MP4 to DVD
- 2.8 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burners
- 2.9 Convert MP4 to DV
- 2.10 Convert MP4 to Divx
- 2.11 Convert MP4 to AVI
- 2.12 Convert MP4 to Adobe Premiere
- 2.13 Convert MP4 to 3GP
- 2.14 Convert MP4 to HTML5
- 2.15 Convert MP4 to MPG
- 2.16 Convert MP4 to OGV
- 2.17 Convert MP4 to PS3
- 2.18 Convert MP4 to iTunes
- 3. Convert MP4 to Other on Mac+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to WMV on Mac
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to WEBM on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to SWF on Mac
- 3.4 Convert MP4 to OGV on Mac
- 3.5 Convert MP4 to OGG on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MP4 to MP3 on Mac
- 3.7 Convert MP4 to MOV on Mac
- 3.8 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.9 Convert MP4 to M4V on Mac
- 3.10 Convert MP4 to DVD on Mac
- 3.11 Convert MP4 to Divx on Mac
- 3.12 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 4. Convert MP4 to Other Online+
- 4.1 Convert MP4 to SWF Online
- 4.2 Convert MP4 to OGV Online
- 4.3 Convert MP4 to OGG Online
- 4.4 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 4.5 Convert MP4 to M4V Online
- 4.6 Convert MP4 to Divx Online
- 4.7 Convert MP4 to 3GP Online
- 4.8 MP4 to WMA Converters Online
- 4.9 MP4 to WEBM Converter Online
- 4.10 MP4 to WAV Converters Online
- 4.11 MP4 to MPG Converters Online
- 4.12 MP4 to MOV Converters Online
- 4.13 MP4 to FLV Converters Online
- 4.14 MP4 to AVI Converters Online
- 4.15 MP4 to MP3 Converters Online
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
- Game Lovers
How to Import MP4 Video into Adobe Premiere Pro 2021
by Christine Smith • 2023-01-17 11:29:14 • Proven solutions
Can't import your MP4 video file to Adobe Premiere Pro CS3/CS4/CS5/CS6/CC? It is officially stated that Adobe Premiere supports MP4. The reason is that MP4 is a format container with different codecs. But if your MP4 file codec isn't compatible with Adobe Premiere, to quickly solve your problem, you can use the best converter to convert MP4 to Premiere friendly movie formats like MOV, MPEG-2, FLV and more.
- Part 1. The best MP4 to Adobe Premiere converter.
- Part 2. Free MP4 files to Adobe Premiere converter.
- Part 3. Online MP4 video to Adobe Premiere converter.
- Part 4. FAQs about importing MP4 video files to Adobe Premiere Pro.
Note: It applies to all kinds of Adobe Premiere, including Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro CS3/ CS4/ CS5/ CS6.
As a full solution, Wondershare UniConverter not only converts MP4 videos to Adobe Premiere supported formats but also can edit or compress videos before the conversion. Just download it, and you can find more useful features if you are a video fan.
Convert Adobe Premiere video files to MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, and other 1,000 formats with several simple steps
Convert multiple MP4 files to Adobe Premiere compatible format in batch without any quality loss
Convert video files to optimized preset for almost all devices, like iPhone, iPad, Huawei phone, etc.
Burn videos to DVD with customized free DVD menu templates
Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
Versatile toolbox combines video metadata editor, GIF maker, video compressor, and screen recorder
How to import MP4 to Adobe Premiere with simple steps?
- Add your target MP4 video to the Wondershare converter.
- Select the Adobe Premiere supported format as output format, like MOV.
- Initiate an MP4 video file to Adobe Premiere conversion.
Step 1 Import MP4 video file to Wondershare UniConverter.
After you have installed and launched Wondershare UniConverter, you will come to an impressive interface. Now add your MP4 video files with two optional ways:
- Drag and drop the MP4 file to the main window directly.
- Click Add Files to add MP4 files.
Step 2 Choose the Premiere compatible format like MOV.
Click the drop-down icon of Output Format, and you will enter the pop-up window. Open its output format list, and then you will see four categories: Recently, Video, Audio, Device. In the Video/Audio tab, you can see many formats. In the Device, you can choose Apple, HTC, Samsung, to name just a few. It is especially convenient if you don't know what format your mobile/game station/player supports.
In this case, I will choose MOV, which is one of Adobe Premiere Pro CS3/CS4/CS5/CS6 friendly formats, and you can find it in Video > MOV. Of course, you can change the output location to save the file in your desired place.
Step 3 Start converting the MP4 video file to Adobe Premiere now.
Now, you get all things ready. Just click Start All button. Then it begins to do the conversion work automatically, and you can view the progress bar and click suspend or quit if necessary. Now, you can easily drag the converted file to Adobe Premiere Pro CS3/CS4/CS5/CS6, and do whatever you want to do. It could have been so easy, right? Cheers.
If you want to know how to export Adobe Premiere files as MP4 format, just move to How Adobe Premiere Pro Export Videos to MP4 >> to learn more
# 1. Free Video Converter: Wondershare Free Video Converter
You can use this tool to convert MP4 files to Adobe Premiere for free.
2. Many features you can try
1. It can't support converting files at 30X fast speed
2. It will convert videos to other formats with watermarks
3. It only supports downloading videos from YouTube instead of 10,000 sites
For some people only want to convert MP4 video to Adobe Premiere supported formats one or two times, and don't want to install any software, using a free online tool like Media.io (originally Media.io) would be a better choice. It can convert MP4 videos to Adobe Premiere online and almost any format with a maximum size of 100MB. You can also convert two files at one time. It can meet the basic conversion requirements. For upgraded conversion requirements, we suggest you use Wondershare UniConverter on your desktop, which is much faster and more powerful.
Question: What Adobe Premiere Pro supports video formats?
Answer: Adobe Premiere Pro supports many video formats, like MP4, MPEG, MPE, MPG (MPEG-1, MPEG-2), M2V (DVD-compliant MPEG-2), MTS (AVCHD), MOV, FLV, AVI. For more information, please check the Adobe Premiere Pro User Guide.
Question: Adobe Premiere Pro supports my video, but it still can't be imported into it?
Answer: For some video formats, it is the codec issue. You need to convert your video format to Adobe Premiere Pro friendly codec, like MPEG-2, which is the best codec with the best results when working with Adobe.