Convert MP4 on Mac
- 1. Convert Other Formats to MP4 on Mac+
- 1.1 Convert MOV to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 1.3 Convert FLV to MP4 on Mac
- 1.4 Convert WMV to MP4 on Mac
- 1.5 Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
- 1.6 Convert MPG to MP4 on Mac
- 1.7 Convert MPEG4 to MP4
- 1.8 Convert M4V to MP4 on Mac
- 1.9 Convert VOB to MP4 on Mac
- 1.10 Convert MTS to MP4 on Mac
- 1.11 Convert M2TS to Mp4
- 1.12 Convert SWF to MP4 on Mac
- 2. Convert MP4 to Other Formats on Mac+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to MOV on Mac
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MP4 to MP3 on Mac
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to WMV on Mac
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 2.6 Convert MP4 to DIVX on Mac
- 2.7 Convert MP4 to WEBM on Mac
- 2.8 Convert MP4 to OGV on Mac
- 2.9 Convert MP4 to M4V on Mac
- 2.10 Convert MP4 to OGG on Mac
- 2.11 Convert MP4 to SWF on Mac
Have some favorite MP4 files that you wish to share with your loved ones through email, blogs, or a web page? You can convert MP4 to SWF on Mac and enjoy hassle-free sharing with an SWF converter Mac. Read below to get complete details about the reason and process for conversion.
- Part 1. Why Do You Need to Convert MP4 to SWF
- Part 2. How to Convert MP4 to SWF on Mac with Best Video Converter
- Part 3. Extended Knowledge: MP4 VS SWF
Part 1. Why Do You Need to Convert MP4 to SWF
SWF, short for Small Web Format which is an Adobe Flash File format that is majorly used for streaming flash videos online. The format is widely used for video delivery over the web, owing to its small size. SWF files can also contain animated vector graphics or applets. Using ActionScript, the file format may also occur in programs, mainly browse games.
MP4 is also a popular container format that is widely used for videos, but if you wish to upload or embed flash videos to various web pages, emails, or blogs, then you would an MP4 to SWF Converter on Mac. Though some sites also allow uploading MP4 files as well but converting it to SWF format is a better option as the file size is small, and it offers better quality.
Additionally, if you wish to personalize your MP4 videos with some animated effects on your Mac system, you would first need to convert it to SWF format to make the process simple and get good output.
Part 2. How to Convert MP4 to SWF on Mac with Best Video Converter
Once you decided that you need to convert MP4 to SWF, the next step is to look out for the best solutions. There is a decent list of converters available, where some are paid, and others allow to convert MP4 to SWF free on Mac. Depending upon your requirements and features needed, you can select from a paid or a free MP4 to SWF Converter on Mac.
If budget is not a constraint and you are looking for the best and the most reliable solution, then UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will prove to be an apt choice. This powerful video converter allows converting MP4 to SWF without any quality loss at super fast speed. More than 1000 popular formats are supported by the software, including VR and 4K. This Mac SWF converter is integrated with APEXTRANS technology, which makes the conversion process 30 times faster and that too keeping the original video quality. List of additional features supported by the software are listed below:
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Best Video Converter to burn MP4 to DVD on Mac OS
- Allows downloading online videos from 10,000 sites like YouTube, Vimeo, Blip, Hulu, and others for playback or conversion.
- Facilitates downloading YouTube subtitles and audio from YouTube videos.
- Works as a handy video editor with tools like trimming, merging, cropping, adding subtitles, and others.
- Acts as a one-stop DVD solution with features like converting, taking backup, editing, and burning DVDs with free DVD templates.
- All-in-one toolbox: Metadata editor, VR converter, Screen recorder, GIF Maker, and more.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Step by Step Guide to Convert MP4 to SWF on Mac with Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac):
Step 1 Launch Wondershare SWF converter Mac and load MP4 files from your Mac.
Download, install, and launch Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) software on your Mac. Next, you need to add the desired MP4 files from your Mac to the software interface. You can either simply drag or drop the files or can click to browse and load the files. Multiple MP4 files can also be added for batch conversion.
Step 2 Select SWF as the output format.
Select SWF from the output section by clicking the drop-down list beside Output Format > Video > SWF > the resolution.
Note: Please install VLC firstly to make sure you can select SWF format here. There will be a pop-up prompt window as below, follow it to go ahead.
Step 3 Start converting MP4 to SWF on Mac.
Click Convert icon to initiate the MP4 to SWF conversion process. If several files should be converted, then click Start All button to convert files in batch. It will take seconds to get the desired SWF files. You can click the File location icon at the bottom of the main interface to find the converted files.
If you're a Windows user, you can read another article to learn more how to convert MP4 to SWF on Windows >
Watch Video Tutorial to Convert MP4 to SWF on Windows
Part 3. Extended Knowledge: MP4 VS SWF
MP4, as well as SWF, both are popular and widely used formats when it comes to video. Listed below is the table showing the comparison between the two formats on the basis of various aspects. Depending on your requirements and purpose, you can select the best - suited format.
|Full-Form||MPEG-4||Small Web Format|
|Definition||MP4 is a container file format that can contain video, audio, images, as well as subtitles.||SWF is a vector graphics file format that can contain animations or applets with varying degree of function and interactivity|
|File Type||MPEG-4 Video File||Shockwave Flash Movie|
|Developer||Moving Picture Expert Group (MPEG)||Macromedia and Adobe Systems|
|Main Use and best suited||Storing digital audio and video. Sharing video files on the web||Upload or embed flash files on web pages, blogs, and emails|
|Compatibility||Compatible of playing with the majority of players and portable devices||Plays in web browsers having installed Flash plug-in|
Considering format support, simple interface, fast speed, and additional features, it can be concluded that Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is definitely the best MP4 to SWF converter for Mac.