Convert MP4 to Other Format
- 1. Convert MP4 on Windows+
- 1.1 MP4 to WMV Converters
- 1.2 Free MP4 to MP3 Converters
- 1.3 Free MP4 to AVI Converters
- 1.4 Convert MP4 to YouTube
- 1.5 Convert MP4 to Xvid
- 1.6 Convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker
- 1.7 Convert MP4 to WEBM
- 1.8 Convert MP4 to WAV
- 1.9 Convert MP4 to VOB
- 1.10 Convert MP4 to SWF
- 1.11 Convert MP4 to MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2
- 1.12 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 1.13 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 1.14 Convert MP4 to M4V
- 1.15 Convert MP4 to H.264
- 2. Convert MP4 to Other on Windows+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to ISO
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to iPod
- 2.3 Convert MP4 to iPhone
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to iPad
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to iDVD
- 2.6 Convert MP4 to FLV
- 2.7 Burn MP4 to DVD
- 2.8 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burners
- 2.9 Convert MP4 to DV
- 2.10 Convert MP4 to Divx
- 2.11 Convert MP4 to AVI
- 2.12 Convert MP4 to Adobe Premiere
- 2.13 Convert MP4 to 3GP
- 2.14 Convert MP4 to HTML5
- 2.15 Convert MP4 to MPG
- 2.16 Convert MP4 to OGV
- 2.17 Convert MP4 to PS3
- 2.18 Convert MP4 to iTunes
- 3. Convert MP4 to Other on Mac+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to WMV on Mac
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to WEBM on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to SWF on Mac
- 3.4 Convert MP4 to OGV on Mac
- 3.5 Convert MP4 to OGG on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MP4 to MP3 on Mac
- 3.7 Convert MP4 to MOV on Mac
- 3.8 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.9 Convert MP4 to M4V on Mac
- 3.10 Convert MP4 to DVD on Mac
- 3.11 Convert MP4 to Divx on Mac
- 3.12 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 4. Convert MP4 to Other Online+
- 4.1 Convert MP4 to SWF Online
- 4.2 Convert MP4 to OGV Online
- 4.3 Convert MP4 to OGG Online
- 4.4 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 4.5 Convert MP4 to M4V Online
- 4.6 Convert MP4 to Divx Online
- 4.7 Convert MP4 to 3GP Online
- 4.8 MP4 to WMA Converters Online
- 4.9 MP4 to WEBM Converter Online
- 4.10 MP4 to WAV Converters Online
- 4.11 MP4 to MPG Converters Online
- 4.12 MP4 to MOV Converters Online
- 4.13 MP4 to FLV Converters Online
- 4.14 MP4 to AVI Converters Online
- 4.15 MP4 to MP3 Converters Online
- Part 1. Why Need to Convert MP4 to OGV on Mac and Vice Versa
- Part 2. Two Ways to Convert MP4 to OGV on Mac
- Part 3. Conclusion: Pros and Cons of Different Converters
One of the reasons for converting MP4 to OGV on a Mac is that you want to insert an MP4 video to HTMl5 page with high quality. As you know, OGV is a lossy video format codec with Theora, which can be played with browsers like Firefox, Google Chrome and with no Flash container involved. OGV is the best choice for HTML5 when you need to embed high-quality videos.
Likewise, it may be difficult for you to be able to have two parts of a television show in a .ogv format. You may not be able to play those type of files in a Windows Media Player. You may also like to use a PowerPoint presentation although the .ogv format will not work so that you need to convert OGV to MP4 in order to use it. You may also want to use iTunes although the files may have the extension of .ogv which cannot be imported for playing. These issues can be overcome by using the conversion tool.
In order to complete the conversion, you will need to access the files that you need and then convert them by adding them. You can drag and drop the files to the converter directly which will work. Or, you need to click on the drop down menu and choose OGV video under profile and then select the General Video category.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Best Video Converter for Windows / Mac (Mojave Included)
- Directly convert MP4 to OGV or OGV to MP4 and convert between other 1000 formats.
- Convert videos in batch at 30X faster speed compared with common converters.
- Burn MP4 to DVD disk or Blu-ray disc to play with your DVD player.
- Edit videos with the advanced video editing functions like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles etc.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- All-in-one toolbox: Screen recorder, add metadata, transfer videos to iPhone/iPad, VR converter, GIF Maker, etc.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Method one: Using a desktop converter to converter MP4 to OGV on Mac.
You can download the converter so that you can use it to convert one format to another.
Step 1 Open the Mac MP4 to OGV converter and import MP4 file(s).
Download, install and launch Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac. You can import the MP4 files in batch by simple drag and drop.
Optional Edit the MP4 file.
You can edit the MP4 file by using the editing tools which are under the video thumbnail. You're enabled to crop videos, trim videos, add subtitiles, watermarks, apply effects and more. Learn more on how to edit videos >
Step 2 Select output format OGV and the output folder.
Click the drop-down icon beside Convert all tasks to:, and choose OGV and the related resolution from the Video category. And set the target output folder at the bottom of the main interface, or you can use the default output folder.
Step 3 Start converting MP4 to OGV on Mac.
Click Convert All button to initiate the MP4 to OGV conversion. It will take seconds to get the desired OGV files. You can click the Output icon at the bottom of the main interface to find the final OGV files.
Method two: Using online converter to convert MP4 to OGV on Mac.
All you need to do is to select one online video converter like Convertio to add files and then convert one format to the other.
Step 1 Ready for you to use MP4 and upload to this online video converter.
The video converter takes a little time which depends on your Internet speed and the file size to process and you can upload the files that you need.
Step 2 Select the target folder you want to save the file, Google Drive or Dropbox. And then click Convert to start the MP4 to OGV online conversion.
Step 3 Download the converted OGV file from website.
There are many online converters that are available to use, so it can be confusing to choose. However, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate allows you to have a better quality of files.
Some of the issues are that you will need to have Internet access and some of the converters can take time to download. You may also experience some issues with the video quality in some cases and size limitations. Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate package should offer you a better package overall.
You may decide to opt to pay for a converter although this will not necessarily mean that you will gain more. The main difference is that you will not have so many adverts.
The difference between a paid converter and the one that is free is that you would hope to achieve more. This is partly true as some of the paid converters do offer more options such as additional functions with regular updates.
The speed can generally be faster and you can receive some additional support. Overall, it can save you time.
Obviously, it will cost you some money. Some of the free converters are really good as they can offer you some quality, although not as good as the paid ones. You will have to accept a lower operating speed for a free one. You could try a free converter first and then opt for a paid one at a later date.