Convert MP4 to Other Format
- 1. Convert MP4 on Windows+
- 1.1 MP4 to WMV Converters
- 1.2 Free MP4 to MP3 Converters
- 1.3 Free MP4 to AVI Converters
- 1.4 Convert MP4 to YouTube
- 1.5 Convert MP4 to Xvid
- 1.6 Convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker
- 1.7 Convert MP4 to WEBM
- 1.8 Convert MP4 to WAV
- 1.9 Convert MP4 to VOB
- 1.10 Convert MP4 to SWF
- 1.11 Convert MP4 to MPEG/MPEG-1/MPEG-2
- 1.12 Convert MP4 to MOV
- 1.13 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 1.14 Convert MP4 to M4V
- 1.15 Convert MP4 to H.264
- 2. Convert MP4 to Other on Windows+
- 2.1 Convert MP4 to ISO
- 2.2 Convert MP4 to iPod
- 2.3 Convert MP4 to iPhone
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to iPad
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to iDVD
- 2.6 Convert MP4 to FLV
- 2.7 Burn MP4 to DVD
- 2.8 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burners
- 2.9 Convert MP4 to DV
- 2.10 Convert MP4 to Divx
- 2.11 Convert MP4 to AVI
- 2.12 Convert MP4 to Adobe Premiere
- 2.13 Convert MP4 to 3GP
- 2.14 Convert MP4 to HTML5
- 2.15 Convert MP4 to MPG
- 2.16 Convert MP4 to OGV
- 2.17 Convert MP4 to PS3
- 2.18 Convert MP4 to iTunes
- 3. Convert MP4 to Other on Mac+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to WMV on Mac
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to WEBM on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to SWF on Mac
- 3.4 Convert MP4 to OGV on Mac
- 3.5 Convert MP4 to OGG on Mac
- 3.6 Convert MP4 to MP3 on Mac
- 3.7 Convert MP4 to MOV on Mac
- 3.8 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.9 Convert MP4 to M4V on Mac
- 3.10 Convert MP4 to DVD on Mac
- 3.11 Convert MP4 to Divx on Mac
- 3.12 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 4. Convert MP4 to Other Online+
- 4.1 Convert MP4 to SWF Online
- 4.2 Convert MP4 to OGV Online
- 4.3 Convert MP4 to OGG Online
- 4.4 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 4.5 Convert MP4 to M4V Online
- 4.6 Convert MP4 to Divx Online
- 4.7 Convert MP4 to 3GP Online
- 4.8 MP4 to WMA Converters Online
- 4.9 MP4 to WEBM Converter Online
- 4.10 MP4 to WAV Converters Online
- 4.11 MP4 to MPG Converters Online
- 4.12 MP4 to MOV Converters Online
- 4.13 MP4 to FLV Converters Online
- 4.14 MP4 to AVI Converters Online
- 4.15 MP4 to MP3 Converters Online
How to Convert MP4 to H.264 Easily
MPEG-4 Part 14, popularly known as MP4 is a video container format that can be played on almost all types of devices and players. On the other hand, H.264 is a video codec that is capable of maintaining high-quality videos even at low bitrates. Thus, H.264 is used as compression for HD videos in Blu-ray, AVCHD camcorders, HD-DVD and other devices. Some of the container formats supported by H.264 encoder include MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, F4V, and M4V. So if you have MP4 files that are occupying a lot of space on your devices, you can convert MP4 to H.264 to reduce the size while maintaining the quality. Know the solutions on MP4 to H 264 in the following parts.
- Part 1. Best MP4 to H.264 Converter: How to Convert MP4 to H.264 on Windows/Mac
- Part 2. How to Convert MP4 to H.264 Online
- Part 3. Extended Knowledge About MP4 and H.264
Part 1. Best MP4 to H.264 Converter: How to Convert MP4 to H.264 on Windows/Mac
Among the list of available tools to convert MP4 to H.264, we recommend Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) as it is fast, simple, and comes with an array of features. This trusted program supports over 1000 formats for conversion including MP4 to H.264. The software is compatible working with all latest OS versions of Windows and Mac system. Batch processing of multiple files is also supported and the conversion takes places without any quality loss. Additional features of this MP4 to H.264 converter include video download from over 10,000 sites, video transfer, DVD burning, and built-in video editor.
Wondershare UniConverter - Best Video Converter for Windows / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Allows converting MP4 to H.264 without any quality loss.
- MP4 to H264 video conversion is 30 times faster as compared to other common converters.
- Allows converting multiple MP4 files to H.264 with just simple clicks.
- Allows converting MP4 to other formats and specific device targeted preset profiles.
- Allows downloading videos from more than 10,000 sites including YouTube, Vimeo, AOL, and others.
- Support downloading YouTube playlist and subtitles together, and download videos from other 10000 video sites.
- Works as powerful editing software with features like merging, rotating, adding special effects, adding metadata, cropping, and others.
- Works as perfect all-in-one DVD toolkit with features like converting DVD, editing DVD, and burning DVD.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7.
Steps on how to convert MP4 to H.264 with Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Add MP4 files to Wondershare MP4 to h264 converter.
You can download, install and open UniConverter on your PC/Mac. From the Convert tab, hit +Add Files to browse and add MP4 files on your PC. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop the files. Multiple files can be added at a time.
Step 2 Choose target format with H.264 encoder.
Thumbnails of added files will appear on the interface. At top-right corner, open drop-down menu beside "Convert all files to:" and choose the desired output format from the Video tab. Next, to the video resolution, click the edit icon to open Setting window. Here choose H264 from Encoder tab under the Video option and click Create.
Alternatively, you can also choose existed H264 encoder format by choosing the resolution of the output file at the right side of the window.
Step 3 Convert MP4 to H.264.
At the Output tab, choose a location to save the converted file. Click Convert All to start the process of converting MP4 to H264.
If needed, you can also convert x264 to MP4 using above steps.
Part 2. How to Convert MP4 to H.264 Online
For basic conversion with a few files, online programs prove to be a good option and one such decent MP4 to H264 converter online is Convert.Files. The program works directly from your browser and needs no download or installation. It allows adding files from URL or from PC. In addition to H264, other formats for conversion are also supported. After conversion, the output files can be downloaded from the interface or their link can be sent to email if desired. This MP4 to H.264 converter free features a simple interface and quick process.
Steps to convert MP4 to H.264 online:
Step 1 Open Convert.Files on your PC browser. Click Browse to add MP4 files from your PC. You can also add file URL.
Step 2 At Output format, choose Raw H.264 Video Files (.264).
Step 3 Click Convert to start the conversion process.
Part 3. Extended Knowledge About MP4 and H.264
Know more about MP4 and H.264 in the following part.
1. What is MP4 format?
In the simplest terms, MP4 is a container format that is capable of combining audio, video, subtitles, images, and other content in a single file. The format is widely used as it is compatible with playing on almost all types of devices and players. Moreover, it can also be uploaded to a number of online sites including YouTube. In technical terms, the format is known as MPEG-4, part 14.
What is H.264?
MPEG-4, Part 10, commonly known as H.264 is a video compression standards that are widely used owing to its capability of maintaining file quality even at a smaller size. The format is majorly used in Blu-ray, AVCHD camcorders, HD-DVD and other devices for HD video compression. Videos with H.264 encoding are capable of playing on a wide range of mobile devices as well as popular web browsers. The encoder supports an array of formats including MP4, AVI, MKV, and others.
3. What are advantages of H.264 encoding?
There are a number of advantages of having videos in H.264. With the encoding, you can have a small size of the files for a longer time of video recording and also with the improved transmission. H.264 encoder offers better quality videos for real-time playback and the mobile surveillance application is also efficient.
4. MP4 Vs H.264
In broad terms, MP4 is a container file format while H.264 a video compression codec that needs a container format to host the videos that are encoded. So H.264 encoded files can MP4, AVI, MKV or others as well.