- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.15 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.16 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to AVCHD
- 2.24 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.25 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.26 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.27 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.28 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.29 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.30 Convert MKV to SWF
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
- Part 1. Why Converting MKV to Xvid is Highly-recommended
- Part 2. All-in-one MKV to Xvid Converter You Can’t Miss
- Part 3. How to Convert MKV to Xvid with High Quality
If you have some excellent HD MKV movies and want to play them on your DVD player or on Media Player Classic, you may be disappointed to find that your player does not support this format. Also MKV files tend to be quite large and sharing them takes both time and bandwidth. In these cases, it is recommended that you convert MKV to Xvid as a solution.
XviD is an open source video codec which is designed to compress video files to allow for faster transmission over computer networks or for better use of storage on your PC, it is said to be the ZIP archive for video files. This popular video codec removes data that is imperceptible to the human eye in order to achieve very high compression rates, as a result, full-length movies and long videos can usually be compressed enough to fit on a CD and still maintain DVD quality. In addition, it also has following 4 features.
Considering there’re so many converters available today online, we’d directly suggest Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) directly if you want to convert MKV to Xvid in an easy and professional way. It converts MKV to Xvid efficiently without visible loss of quality and retains a much sharper picture than other converters.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Best Video Converter for Windows / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Directly Convert MKV to Xvid, MP4 to VOB (DVD-Video ), AVI, MKV, MOV and 1000+ other formats.
- Burn MP4 to DVD disk to play with your DVD player at 30X fastest speed.
- Optimized conversion presets for iDVD, iMovie, Final.
- Edit videos with the advanced video editing functions like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles etc.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 1000+ video sharing sites.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
First of all, download Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) to your PC and launch it after installation, then follow the three simple steps below to proceed MKV to Xvid conversion.
Step 1 Add MKV Files
MKV files can either be directly dragged and dropped from your videos folder to the program interface, or imported using Add Files button.
After importing, you can change the processing order, change output file name and preview your MKV video by playing it with the built-in player.
Step 2 Choose Xvid Output File Format
From the drop down Output Format list, choose the desired format, in this case Xvid. You can use the profile that has been prepared by Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate), which contains presets optimized for MKV to Xvid conversion.
If you would like to customize your conversion output details manually, click on the Create Custom button at the bottom right corner of the output format to reveal more settings.
Step 3 Start MKV to Xvid Conversion
When you are ready start converting your files, click Convert on the right. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) will show you the size of the output file and how much time the process will take. You have the option of pausing or cancelling the process at any time.
Video Tutorial: Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Convert MKV to Xvid
With this multifunctional converter you can easily prepare your multimedia files for instant playback in any format and on any device. Simply select the format or device you want from the extensive list of supported options and your files will be ready in no time!