- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.15 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.16 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.24 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.25 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.26 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.27 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.28 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.29 Convert MKV to SWF
- 2.30 Convert MKV to MP4 with Subtitle
- 2.31 Convert MKV to WAV
- 2.32 Convert MKV to MPG
- 2.33 Convert MKV to ISO
- 2.33 Convert MKV to WebM
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 3.19 Convert WebM to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
An Easy Way to Convert MKV to Xvid without Quality Loss
- Part 1. Why Converting MKV to Xvid is Highly-recommended
- Part 2. Top 3 Online MKV to Xvid Converter
- Part 3. How to Convert MKV to Xvid with High Quality
If you have some excellent HD MKV movies and want to play them on your DVD player or Media Player Classic, you may be disappointed to find that your player does not support this format. Also, MKV files tend to be quite large, and sharing them takes both time and bandwidth. In these cases, it is recommended that you convert MKV to Xvid as a solution.
XviD is an open-source video codec designed to compress video files to allow for faster transmission over computer networks or for better use of storage on your PC. It is said to be the ZIP archive for video files. This popular video codec removes data imperceptible to the human eye to achieve very high compression rates. As a result, full-length movies and long videos can usually be compressed enough to fit on a CD and still maintain DVD quality. In addition, it also has the following four features.
- Great Performance: Xvid is optimized to run smoothly even on older PC's. Your computer will still have plenty of resources left to handle other important tasks.
- Good Compression: Xvid comes with very high compression rates (up to 200:1) that allow digital video files to work effectively on home computers, saving a lot of time when uploading the video online or sharing it over a network. Compressed files also take up significantly less disk space.
- Wide Compatibility: Xvid runs on most popular platforms and video players and home entertainment devices, such as TV, DVD, and Blu-ray players.
- Excellent Picture Quality: Xvid compression is “lossy.” This means that file size is reduced by permanently eliminating certain details that are not important for human perception. Lossy compression is generally used for video and audio, where the average user will not detect a certain amount of data loss.
Although a vast majority has trusted traditional desktop converters over the years, there is no doubt the rising use of the internet has had a profound effect on the adoption of online converters. There are several online MKV to Xvid converters available. However, you should strive to get yourself the best online MKV to Xvid converter for better results. We have picked the best three online MKV to Xvid converters as follows.
Online Uniconverter is a powerful free online MKV to Xvid converter that should feature amongst your top picks. Besides MKV to XVID conversion, you can convert between various formats, including popular ones like MOV, MP4, MP3, VOB, M4V, and MPEG, among others.
Step 1: Click on the + button on the program's interface. From the explorer window, select the target MKV files and click Open to upload it to the program.
Step 2: Navigate to Output and select Xvid as your output format.
Step 3: Once you feel everything is set according to your need, then click the Convert. The conversion process should commence immediately.
Convertio is one of the best online MKV to Xvid converters. The program supports more than 300 formats to be precise. The processing speed is satisfactorily fast, with the conversion process seamless.
Step 1: Navigate to Convertio and click the drop-down icon beside the Choose File tab. Select the respective location of the target MKV files and upload them to the program.
Step 2: Click the Convert button and patiently wait as the process progress.
Step 3: When the conversion is finished, the download button should appear. Hit on this button and get your file on your device.
Onlineconvertfree is a good MKV to Xvid converter, which supports several file formats as well. You can convert between documents, images, audio, books, archives, and videos. The conversion process is simple and straightforward, and newbie’s and gets along quite well.
Step 1: Visit the converter's homepage and hit the Choose File option. From the explorer window, choose the MKV file you want to convert and click Open to upload it to the program.
Step 2: Now choose Xvid as the output format by clicking the drop-down menu beside the instruction. Choose Xvid as your target format.
Step 3: Click the Conver button. Once it is over, click the subsequent Download button to fetch the converted file into your device.
Considering they're so many converters available today online, we’d directly suggest Wondershare UniConverter if you want to convert MKV to Xvid easily and professionally. It converts MKV to Xvid efficiently without visible loss of quality and retains a much sharper picture than other converters.
Convert MKV to Xvid 30X faster than any other converter without loss of picture quality.
Convert MKV to 150+ output file formats for Apple devices, Zune, Android, PSP, PS4, Blackberry, Xbox, etc.
Optimized presets for easy playback on iPad, Samsung, YouTube, HTC, and more.
Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, VR Converter, GIF Maker, Fixing Media Metadata, and more.
Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7.
Step 1 Add MKV Files in Wonddershare MKV to Xvid Converter.
MKV files can either be directly dragged and dropped from your videos folder to the program interface or imported using the +Add Files button.
After importing, you can change the processing order, change the output file name, and preview your MKV video by playing it with the built-in player.
Step 2 Choose Xvid Output File Format.
From the drop-down Output Format list, choose the Xvid format. You can use the profile that has been prepared by Wondershare UniConverter, which contains presets optimized for MKV to Xvid conversion.
If you would like to customize your conversion output details manually, click on the Create Custom button at the bottom right corner of the output format to reveal more settings.
Step 3 Start MKV to Xvid Conversion.
When you are ready to start converting your files, click the Convert All on the right. Wondershare UniConverter will show you the output file's size and how much time the process will take. You have the option of pausing or canceling the process at any time.
Video Tutorial: Wondershare UniConverter - Convert MKV to Xvid
With this multifunctional converter, you can easily prepare your multimedia files for instant playback in any format and any device. Simply select the format or device you want from the extensive list of supported options, and your files will be ready in no time!