- 1. Play MKV on Device+
- 1.1 Top MKV Player
- 1.2 Play MKV on Mac
- 1.3 Play MKV on Apple TV
- 1.4 Play MKV on Samsung TV
- 1.5 Play MKV on Sony TV
- 1.6 Play MKV on LG TV
- 1.7 Play MKV on PS3
- 1.8 Play MKV on Xbox One
- 1.9 Play MKV on Xbox360
- 1.10 Play MKV to iPhone
- 1.11 Play MKV to iPad
- 1.12 Play MKV on iPod
- 1.13 Play MKV on Android Phone
- 1.14 Play MKV on Nexus 7
- 1.15 Play MKV in VLC
- 1.16 Play MKV in Windows Media Player
- 1.17 MKV Playback Issues in VLC
- 2. Convert MKV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert MKV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert MKV to MP4 on Mac
- 2.3 Convert MKV to MP4 Online
- 2.4 Convert MKV to MP3
- 2.5 Convert MKV to Audio
- 2.6 Convert MKV to WMV
- 2.7 Convert MKV to M4V
- 2.8 Convert MKV to AVI
- 2.9 Convert MKV to AVI Online
- 2.10 Convert MKV to FLV
- 2.11 Convert MKV to DVD
- 2.12 Convert MKV to MOV
- 2.13 Convert MKV to iTunes
- 2.14 MKV to MOV Converter Online
- 2.15 Convert MKV to VOB
- 2.16 Convert MKV to DivX
- 2.17 Convert MKV to MPEG
- 2.18 Convert MKV to MPEG2
- 2.19 Convert MKV to MPEG4
- 2.20 Convert MKV to XviD
- 2.21 Convert MKV to 3GP
- 2.22 Convert MKV to M2TS
- 2.23 Convert MKV to AVCHD
- 2.24 Convert MKV to H264
- 2.25 Convert MKV to TS
- 2.26 Convert MKV to VCD
- 2.27 Convert MKV to AC3
- 2.28 Burn MKV to DVD
- 2.29 Burn MKV to Blu-ray
- 2.30 Convert MKV to SWF
- 3. Convert Other Format to MKV+
- 3.1 Convert MP4 to MKV
- 3.2 Convert MP4 to MKV on Mac
- 3.3 Convert MP4 to MKV Online
- 3.4 Convert M4V to MKV
- 3.5 Convert WMV to MKV
- 3.6 Convert MOV to MKV
- 3.7 Convert DVD to MKV
- 3.8 Convert M2TS to MKV
- 3.9 Convert AVI to MKV
- 3.10 Convert Bluray to MKV
- 3.11 Convert FLV to MKV
- 3.12 Convert AVCHD to MKV
- 3.13 Convert OGM to MKV
- 3.14 Convert MTS to MKV
- 3.15 Convert WTV to MKV
- 3.16 Convert VOB to MKV
- 3.17 Convert RMVB to MKV
- 3.18 YouTube to MKV
- 4. Edit MKV & Other Tips+
- 4.1 Extract Subtitles from MKV
- 4.2 Add Substitles to MKV
- 4.3 Add SRT to MKV
- 4.4 Compress MKV Video
- 4.5 Reduce MKV File Size
- 4.6 Cut MKV Files
- 4.7 Edit MKV Metadata
- 4.8 MKV No Sound
- 4.9 MKV Video Player for Android
- 4.10 MKV Converter for Mac
- 4.11 Free MKV Converter
- 4.12 MKV Player Mac
- 4.13 2D to 3D MKV Converter
- 4.14 Remux MKV
- 4.15 MKV Encoder
- 4.16 Convert MKV to FCP Mac
- 4.17 Stream MKV to TV with Chromecast
- 4.18 Import MKV to iMovie
- 4.19 Windows DVD Maker MKV
- 4.20 Convert MKV to MP4 with HandBrake Alternative
- Part 1. What is DivX Plus HD
- Part 2. A Useful Way to Convert MKV to DivX on Windows/Mac in HD
- Part 3. How to Use DivX Media Server to Stream .mkv Files
MKV files are not supported on most media players and editors. So, to play an MKV file, it has to be suitably converted to a format which is more widely supported. DivX is one such format with wide acceptance and compatibility. While converting MKV to DivX is a matter of minutes, what’s at stake is the quality of the video. You would not want the converted video to produce pixelated graphics. Now, that calls for a robust Video converter which can convert MKV files to DivX without changing the quality of the video.
DivX Plus HD format files consist of high definition H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video and surround sound AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) audio. These files support multiple language tracks, chapters, subtitles and additional content and are identified by .mkv file extension and deliver high definition version of DivX format.
DivX format with DivX codec has the ability to compress long video segments into various smaller ones. While it does compress lengthy videos into smaller sizes, it still produces relatively high visual quality at the same time. This is a popular video compression technology and was developed to enable users conveniently play and create high-quality videos.
Converting MKV to DivX entails a robust converter which can convert the file format but maintain the original quality at the same time. Since it works on both Windows and Mac OS, along with a bevy of amazing features, Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is the best tool to convert MKV to DivX. Here are some of its features.
- Directly convert MKV to DivX, AVI, MKV, MOV and 1000+ other formats.
- Burn MP4 to DVD disk to play with your DVD player at 30X fastest speed.
- Optimized conversion presets for iDVD, iMovie, Final.
- Edit videos with the advanced video editing functions like trimming, cropping, adding watermark, subtitles etc.
- Download videos from YouTube and other 1000+ video sharing sites.
- Supported OS: Windows NT4/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7/8, and Windows 10 (32 bit & 64 bit), Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Here’s how you can convert MKV to DivX on Windows using Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate.
Video Tutorial: Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate - Convert MKV to DivX
Step 1 Install Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
First of all, install Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate on your computer and then launch the program. The interface should look like in the image below.
Step 2 Load MKV files for Conversion
It is time now to load the video files for conversion. You can drag and drop the video file from the PC into the converter interface or even use Add Files button to browse for files and import. Once you click on Add Files, file explorer will open where you can choose the video files to import.
Step 3 Edit MKV Video
After you have imported the MKV file, you have the edit options at the bottom of the video. Use them to add changes, i.e. add effects, crop, rotate, etc. Click on >OK to save the changes once done. This is an optional step which can be skipped if not required.
Step 4 Specify Output Format
Once you are done with editing, choose the output format for the video. You will find the option on the right pane saying Convert all files to. You can choose DivX here from the number of formats available to choose from.
Step 5 Choose Output Folder
Now, once the video file is converted from MKV to DivX format, the converted file has to be stored in a folder. So, specify the destination folder for the converted videos according to your choice. By default, you would find something already specified. To change that, click on Open File Location button, and feed another path for a destination folder of your choice.
Step 6 Start MKV to Divx Conversion
Now, after everything is specified, click on the Convert button at the bottom right hand side to start MKV to Divx conversion process. The process will take some time and you will get a notification once it is complete.
DivX Media Server in DVD player has the ability to stream and play .mkv files from windows PC or Mac to Xbox360, Android devices and PlayStation 3. It is very simple to turn the sharing option on, add folders and stream. Here’s how you use DivX Media Server to stream .mkv files:
Step 1 First of all, download FFmpeg on the system and extract it. Browse the correct path of ffmpeg.exe in the settings tab of DivX Media Server.
Step 2 Navigate to the TV & movies section on Xbox360 menu. Select My Video Apps followed by System Video Player.
Step 3 Click on the DivX Server Name then and select the .mkv file. The DivX Server will then send the .mkv file to Xbox360 to play it.
Go to the DivX Media Server which appears under the Video menu. Now, select the folder with which .mkv file is shared and click Play. The DivX Media Server will transmux the .mkv file and the file will be streamed on PS3.
For Android Device
This requires the use of a preferred DLNA client app. Select the folder the .mkv file is shared with and then click “Play”. The DivX Media Server will then transmux the .mkv file and stream it on your Android device.