- 1. Convert M4V to Other Format+
- 1.1 Convert M4V to MP4 on Mac
- 1.2 Convert M4V to MP3
- 1.3 Convert M4V to MOV
- 1.4 Convert M4V to DVD On Mac/Windows
- 1.5 Convert M4V to AVI for Mac/Windows
- 1.6 Convert M4V to FLV
- 1.7 Convert M4V to MPG
- 1.8 Convert M4V to WMV
- 1.9 Convert M4V Files on Windows/Mac
- 1.10 Convert M4V to iPhone
- 1.11 Convert M4V to MKV
- 2. Convert Other Format to M4V +
- 3. Tips & Tricks+
- 3.1 Import M4V to iMovie
- 3.2 Add Metadata to Your M4V
- 3.3 Converters for M4V to MP4 Conversion
- 3.4 Tips for Playing M4V Videos
- 3.5 Free M4V Player to Play M4V Files
- 3.6 M4V Converter for Mac
- 3.7 Top 5 M4V Compressors
- 3.8 Top 5 Online M4V Converters
- 3.9 Top M4V Converters for iTunes
- 3.10 M4V to VOB Converter
If you want an M4V converter, then you know that you have already made the right choice by coming to this site. We have listed a range of information about M4V converters as well as some information that will help you to make your decisions easier so that you can count on us to provide you with everything you need.
- Part 1. What's M4V
- Part 2. Why You Need M4V Converter
- Part 3. What's A Good M4V Converter
- Part 4. Top 5 M4V Converters
M4V file format is a video container that Apple developed. It is very similar to the MP4 file format, but is occasionally protected by DRM copy protection. This means that to play a protected M4V file, the computer has to be authorized via iTunes with the account that was used to purchase the video. On the other hand, if the M4V file is not protected, the actually can be played by other video players by changing the file extension, but only if it is converted to another format. This is extended from iTunes video format, developed by Apple, and therefore, like many products in the suite of Apple devices, has a very unique appeal.
M4V files tend to be the best format for Apple devices, but for other players, you may find that you need to convert the files. Or, if you are not using a device with your particular iTunes account, you may also need to convert the files. If you have purchased lots of M4V files, you may need to convert them. So how do you find the best M4V converter? What's a good M4V converter?
The best converters can convert DRM M4V videos, whereas many other converters cannot. However, you will also need to convert video files and save them as MP3, WMA, M4B, AAC, and so on. Additionally, it needs to be compatible with your devices.
How you choose depends on your specific needs and the price you want to pay. Here, we’ve reviewed the top 5:
- Convert Virtually Any Format - AVI, WMV, MP4, MOV, M4V, MTS/M2TS, AVCHD, DVD, VOB, MKV, MOD, TOD etc.
- 30X Conversion Speed - Much faster than other converters and with Lossless Quality Conversion.
- All-in-1 DVD Solutions - Convert/Copy homemade DVD for personal use and Burn video to DVD.
- Enjoy Your Media on Any Device - Convert videos to play on your tablet, smartphone, TV and more with 4K UHD support!
- Support basic editing functions - Trim, adjust, merge, crop, rotate videos, add watermark, subtitles etc.
- Download YouTube vidoes and playlist - Download online videos from YouTube and other 10,000 sites.
- More tools - Record videos, fix metadata info, make gif and more. Addtionally, this M4V converter works on Mac and PC, comes in 8 different interface languages, and has been downloaded over 6 million times. Wondershare also protects against piracy by prevention copying of protected material. Best of all, it is free!
2. BROS M4V converter
With this M4V Converter, it is to convert m4v to AVI, ASF, MP4, MOV, FLV, DivX, Xvid, MPEG1, MPEG2, MKV and even HD video formats like MOV HD, ASF HD, AVI HD, DivX HD, H.264 HD. Remove unwanted video playing region with exact top, bottom, left and right values via the editing features. Batches of AVI video files can be inserted into AVI Video Converter, drag and drop is supported. The software also allows you to save output converted video files to any folder on local computer. Pause and stop m4v conversion at ease. Video Brightness, Contrast and Saturation can be adjusted freely to the best effect. Although this download is free, you get what you pay for. It’s only compatible in English with Windows 7, making the versatility limited.
3. M4VGear DRM Media Converter
- Compatible with mac and windows, there are select features available for Mac and Windows separately. For Windows, you can:
- Convert iTunes videos at 20X faster speed
- Unlock DRM from iTunes Rental & Purchase
- Keep multilingual audios, subtitles & 5.1 audio
- Get lossless DRM-free video in output format
- Compatible with iTunes 12.3
- And for Mac: 20X Faster speed DRM removal on Mac
- Preserve original 1080p HD video quality
- Strip DRM from iTunes Rentals & Purchases
- Keep subtitles, multi-language and AC3 audio
- Compatible with EI Capitan & iTunes 12.3
It’s available in 8 different languages, but each copy is almost $50! There are certain limitations with this, although it’s pretty affordable for paid converters.
4. Any Video Converter Pro
Any Video Converter Pro is a little more affordable, with pretty much the same benefits. You can purchase it for about $40 and convert DVDs, CDs and videos to various formats like AVI, WMV, MP4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, FLV, SWF, MKV, WMA, MP3, 4K HD videos and etc. for devices such as iPhone (iPhone 6s/6s Plus), iPad (iPad Air, iPad Pro, iPad mini 4), and other devices like Android phones (Samsung Galaxy S6, Note III, HTC, Sony Experian Z2), Windows Phone, PSP, Xbox One and so on. However, it’s compatible with windows over apple, which really limits its functionality.
5. Noteburner M4V Converter Plus
Noteburner M4V Converter Plus is another paid windows product. It offers a lifetime version of technical support and updates, and protects against piracy issues because Noteburner M4V Converter Plus is an excellent M4V DRM removal tool for Windows users to remove M4V DRM. With this DRM M4V Converter, you can legally remove DRM from iTunes M4V so that you can enjoy iTunes movie on non-apple device without iOS restriction. However, you have to purchase a separate version for Mac, and since it’s almost $50, you lose some versatility here.
Out of these, Wondershare Video Converter Ulitmate is the best. Because of its speed and versatility, you get the most use out of this on any device. Plus, you don’t have to worry about downloading the wrong version and wasting a lot of money. And it protects you from risky piracy and copy right issues. Wondershare is by far the best M4V converter.