- 1. FLV Video Tool+
- 1.1 FLV Splitter
- 1.2 FLV Player
- 1.3 Free FLV Player
- 1.4 Free FLV Player for Mac
- 1.5 Online FLV Converter
- 1.6 FLV Converter for Win10
- 1.7 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 1.8 Free FLV to WAV Converter
- 1.9 Free FLV to 3GP Converter
- 1.10 FLV to WMV Converter
- 1.11 FLV to WebM Converter
- 1.12 FLV to AVI Converter Online
- 1.13 MP4 to FLV Converter Online
- 1.14 AVI to FLV Converter
- 1.15 WMV to FLV Converter
- 2. Convert FLV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert FLV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert FLV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert FLV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert FLV to MOV
- 2.5 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 2.6 Convert FLV to AVI
- 2.7 Convert FLV to MKV
- 2.8 Convert FLV to M4V
- 2.9 Convert FLV to MP3
- 2.10 Convert FLV to 3GP
- 2.11 Convert FLV to DivX
- 2.12 Convert FLV to VOB
- 2.13 Convert FLV to SWF
- 2.14 Convert FLV to DV
- 2.15 Convert FLV to iPad
- 2.16 Convert FLV to iTunes
- 3. Convert Other Format to FLV+
- 4. Play & Edit FLV Tips+
- 4.1 Play FLV in VLC
- 4.2 Play FLV on TV
- 4.3 Stream FLV to TV with Google Chromecast
- 4.4 Play FLV on Xbox One
- 4.5 Play FLV in PS4/PS3
- 4.6 Play FLV in Windows Media Player
- 4.7 Play FLV in Galaxy s6
- 4.8 Compress FLV Videos
- 4.9 Edit FLV in Windows Movie maker
- 4.10 Edit FLV in Adobe Premiere
- 4.11 Edit FLV in Final Cut Pro
- 4.12 Edit FLV in Sony Vegas Pro
- 4.13 Edit FLV in Sony Movie Studio
- 4.14 Edti FLV in iMovie for Editing
- 4.15 Upload FLV to YouTube
- 4.16 Insert FLV to Powerpoint
Although a variety of media players and consoles play FLV videos, PS4 is an exception. FLV cannot be played in PS4 due to compatibility issues. To solve the problem, you can either convert FLV video to other formats which are compatible with PS4, or convert to PS4 presets directly. If you want to get hold of the best solution to play FLV on PS4/PS3, then this article is right for you. Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate has been recommended as the perfect solution, and the steps of converting FLV to PS4/PS3 formats have been outlined below.
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate is the most recommended software to fix PS4 won't play FLV files issue. With the application, you do not have to worry about compatibility issues. It converts all unrecognized PS4/PS3 files to formats that can easily be played, and provides direct FLV conversion to specific device preset, which saves you from looking for formats that are supported by your device online.
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV and more.
- Convert to optimized presets for almost all of the devices, including PS4/3, Xbox One and more.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files.
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates.
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Step-by-Step Guide to Convert FLV to PS4/PS3
Step 1 Add the FLV Video File to the PS4/PS3 Converter
Double click on the icon of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate to launch it on your computer. When it starts, proceed to add you FLV file that you want to convert to PS4/PS3.
- For Windows users, you can drag the FLV file and drop it to the Primary window of Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. Alternatively, you can import the FLV video file to the program by clicking the “Add File” menu and then browse and add the file from your PC.
- For Mac users, you can drag the FLV video file and drop it into the app, or you can click the “File” menu and then hit “Load Media Files.” The option lets you navigate to your location folders and choose your FLV file for conversion.
Note: Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate supports batch conversion, and therefore you can add many FLV files for the conversion.
Step 2 Select PS4/PS3 as the Output Format
To choose the output format for PS4/PS3, go to the “Output Format” on the right side of the window. Click the “Video” option to expand the drop-down list of the supported video formats. You will see the list grouped in “Favorite”, “Format” and “Device”. The simplest way to choose the PS4/PS3 format is click the “Device” option and then go to the “Game” section and from there click the “PS4” or “PS3”. Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate makes the files ready for your device.
Note: If you want to merge multiple FLV files, just click the “Merge all videos into one file” at the bottom of the application’s window.
Step 3 Convert FLV to PS4/PS3
When you are ready to complete the process, click the “Convert” button in the right bottom corner of the Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. Your FLV files will be converted to PS4/PS3 with the highest quality. When the conversion is complete, you can copy your converted FLV files to USB Drive.
The PS4 Media Player plays music from both the USB and a home network. When using the USB stick, you need to use a USB stick which FAT or exFAT formatted. If you are using Windows 7 and 8, you will need a third party software to format your USB drive. FAT32Format is a suitable tool to format the drive to FAT32. After formatting the USB, you can follow the steps below to play your FLV video on PS4.
1. Steps to Connect a Media Server
If you want to play the FLV files using your Media server, then you have to connect the media server first.
Step 1 Click “PC Settings” > “Network”, and select your Wi-Fi router (same as your PS4).
Step 2 Put on the toggle beneath “Find Devices and Content”.
Step 3 Go to “Netwrok” and click “HomeGroup”, put “On” the toggle for “music”, “videos” and “picture”.
Step 4 Set “On” the toggle beneath “Let devices on my network stream my videos and music”.
2. Steps to Play Converted FLV in the USB Drive
Step 1 Create a folder on the USB stick and copy all the converted FLV videos into the folder.
Step 2 Go to the Media Player and select your content device or media server. The connected USB storage devices or media servers will be detected and displayed automatically.
Step 3 Choose the USB storage containing your Video files. If you are using a media server, choose the media server by clicking on it.
Step 4 Choose the content that you want to play. Click to open your USB then open the folder that you saved your videos. Click to open the folder and then from there you can choose the videos that you want to play. You should use the L2 trigger to rewind and the R2 trigger to fast-forward. You should press the triangle to view file information and the options button to access the control panel.