- TRY IT FREE TRY IT FREE
- 1. FLV Video Tool+
- 1.1 FLV Splitter
- 1.2 FLV Player
- 1.3 Free FLV Player
- 1.4 Free FLV Player for Mac
- 1.5 Online FLV Converter
- 1.6 FLV Converter for Win10
- 1.7 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 1.8 Free FLV to WAV Converter
- 1.9 Free FLV to 3GP Converter
- 1.10 FLV to WMV Converter
- 1.11 FLV to WebM Converter
- 1.12 FLV to AVI Converter Online
- 1.13 MP4 to FLV Converter Online
- 1.14 AVI to FLV Converter
- 1.15 WMV to FLV Converter
- 2. Convert FLV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert FLV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert FLV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert FLV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert FLV to MOV
- 2.5 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 2.6 Convert FLV to AVI
- 2.7 Convert FLV to MKV
- 2.8 Convert FLV to M4V
- 2.9 Convert FLV to MP3
- 2.10 Convert FLV to DivX
- 2.11 Convert FLV to VOB
- 2.12 Convert FLV to SWF
- 2.13 Convert FLV to DV
- 2.14 Convert FLV to iPad
- 3. Convert Other Format to FLV+
- 4. Play & Edit FLV Tips+
- 4.1 Play FLV in VLC
- 4.2 Play FLV on TV
- 4.3 Stream FLV to TV with Google Chromecast
- 4.4 Play FLV on Xbox One
- 4.5 Play FLV in PS4/PS3
- 4.6 Play FLV in Windows Media Player
- 4.7 Play FLV in Galaxy s6
- 4.8 Compress FLV Videos
- 4.9 Edit FLV in Windows Movie maker
- 4.10 Edit FLV in Adobe Premiere
- 4.11 Edit FLV in Final Cut Pro
- 4.12 Edit FLV in Sony Vegas Pro
- 4.13 Edit FLV in Sony Movie Studio
- 4.14 Edti FLV in iMovie for Editing
- 4.15 Upload FLV to YouTube
- 4.16 Insert FLV to Powerpoint
- 4.17 What is an FLV File
WMV is a video compression format developed by Microsoft, which is originally designed for streaming applications online and now especially for playback in Windows Media Player (WMP) in Windows computers. In contrast, FLV files are Adobe Flash Videos, commonly used with video streaming websites like YouTube, Hulu, etc. Make full of both formats, and this article focuses on assisting you to accomplish WMV to FLV conversion task in Mac and Windows OS computer with ease.
- Part 1. Professional FLV to WMV Converter for Windows/Mac
- Part 2. Free Convert FLV to WMV with VLC Media Player
- Part 3. Online FLV to WMV Converter
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert FLV to 1000+ formats, like WMV, AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices
- 90X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template
- Download or record videos from video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, VR converter and screen recorder
- Stream your videos from Windows or Mac to other devices, including Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox 360 or PS3
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
How to convert FLV to WMV with Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate):
In the following part, I will tell you how to convert FLV to WMV on Windows step by step. Note that the Mac version functions almost the same.
Step 1 Import FLV videos to the FLV to WMV converter.
Run the FLV to WMV Converter on your PC, click the button to import the FLV videos you want to convert. This converter supports batch conversion so that you can add more than one FLV file for converting.
Step 2 Edit FLV videos (Optional).
Click the editing icons under the video thumbnail. You'll be able to edit the video by clipping, cropping, adding watermarks, and more. If you want to keep the original video effect, you can directly jump to the next step.
Step 3 Set the output format.
Hit the down arrow icon beside the Output Format button and select Video > WMV > choose the video resolution in the right.
Tips: If you are about to do FLV to WMV conversion for uploading the files onto YouTube, here you can directly choose YouTube under the Video tab, then you can get the FLV video automatically converted with the most compatible resolution, frame rate, bit rate, etc.
Step 4 Start to convert FLV to WMV.
Click Convert when everything is set, and then the FLV to WMV conversion will be completed automatically for you. You can find the converted videos by clicking the folder-like icon beside the File Location button at the bottom.
VLC is one of the most popular media players in use today. It is available for free download and supports a wide range of media formats. One of VLC's useful features that are not well known is its ability to convert multimedia files into many different formats. This step-by-step guide will show you how to convert FLV to WMV with VLC. If you do not have VLC installed on your system, first download the latest version from the official VideoLAN website and then follow the instructions below.
Step 1. Launch VLC and navigate to Media > Convert/Save. You can alternatively use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + R.
Step 2. A popup window will appear. Click on the Add... button to import your FLV video file to VLC.
Step 3. Once your FLV file is loaded, click Convert/Save at the bottom to proceed to the next step.
Step 4. Another pop-up window will appear. This time, at the Convert Settings section, select Video – WMV + WMA (ASF) as your output and choose the converted file's destination location.
Step 5. Finally, click Start to begin the conversion process.
If you were interested in converting FLV to WMV without the hassle of downloading and installing additional software on your system, you could benefit from using an online converter. A good example of an online FLV to WMV converter is Convertio.
This free online converter tool can convert your FLV videos to WMV format in 3 easy steps.
Step 1. First, upload your FLV files by pointing to their location or by drag-and-drop.
Step 2. Next, set your output format to WMV.
Step 3. Click Convert to start the process.
Note: Convertio is limited to only converting files under 100MB. You are also unable to fine-tune your conversion settings or edit the video. In times of high traffic, you can expect very slow conversion speeds. Unless you don't have a choice, we recommend using Wondershare Video Converter for FLV to WMV conversions.