- 1. FLV Video Tool+
- 1.1 FLV Splitter
- 1.2 FLV Player
- 1.3 Free FLV Player
- 1.4 Free FLV Player for Mac
- 1.5 Online FLV Converter
- 1.6 FLV Converter for Win10
- 1.7 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 1.8 Free FLV to WAV Converter
- 1.9 Free FLV to 3GP Converter
- 1.10 FLV to WMV Converter
- 1.11 FLV to WebM Converter
- 1.12 FLV to AVI Converter Online
- 1.13 MP4 to FLV Converter Online
- 1.14 AVI to FLV Converter
- 1.15 WMV to FLV Converter
- 2. Convert FLV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert FLV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert FLV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert FLV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert FLV to MOV
- 2.5 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 2.6 Convert FLV to AVI
- 2.7 Convert FLV to MKV
- 2.8 Convert FLV to M4V
- 2.9 Convert FLV to MP3
- 2.10 Convert FLV to 3GP
- 2.11 Convert FLV to DivX
- 2.12 Convert FLV to VOB
- 2.13 Convert FLV to SWF
- 2.14 Convert FLV to DV
- 2.15 Convert FLV to iPad
- 2.16 Convert FLV to iTunes
- 3. Convert Other Format to FLV+
- 4. Play & Edit FLV Tips+
- 4.1 Play FLV in VLC
- 4.2 Play FLV on TV
- 4.3 Stream FLV to TV with Google Chromecast
- 4.4 Play FLV on Xbox One
- 4.5 Play FLV in PS4/PS3
- 4.6 Play FLV in Windows Media Player
- 4.7 Play FLV in Galaxy s6
- 4.8 Compress FLV Videos
- 4.9 Edit FLV in Windows Movie maker
- 4.10 Edit FLV in Adobe Premiere
- 4.11 Edit FLV in Final Cut Pro
- 4.12 Edit FLV in Sony Vegas Pro
- 4.13 Edit FLV in Sony Movie Studio
- 4.14 Edti FLV in iMovie for Editing
- 4.15 Upload FLV to YouTube
- 4.16 Insert FLV to Powerpoint
It's common for us to download online videos from video sharing sites like YouTube, Vimeo, etc. However, it spins your head a bit when trying to edit those downloaded online video in Sony Vegas, but only to recive a message "the file has an unsupported format". As is known to all, one of the primary reasons why people opted for Sony Vegas Pro was it supposedly accepts any format, obviously FLV is an exception. Now the question is how to convert FLV to Sony Vegas supported formats for further editing, the simplest solution is to find an authentic video converter.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is just the most practical one you can get online. The multi-utility software not only converts FLV to MP4, AVI, MOV and many other formats in a lossless way, but provides a complete solution to all video editing-related features that we need. Here is a quick look over these awesome features of UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).
Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert FLV to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from video sharing sites.
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
How to Convert FLV to Sony Vegas Pro Compatible Format
Now, let us see how to convert FLV into supported formats for further editing in Sony Vegas Pro. Download and install Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) on your PC first, then follow the given steps below to get started.
Step 1 At the upper-left corner of UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate)’s interface, you will see the option of Add Files. Click on it and select the FLV file that is to be converted. Or else, you can also just drop the files at the centre of the interface.
Step 2 Now, having completed the first step, it’s time you decide on the output format. In our case, the format should be any one of the supported formats by Sony Vegas Pro, so you must choose accordingly. You can perform this step by clicking beside Convert all files to:. If you don’t know the supported formats, simply go Video > MP4 as it is the most popular and accepted file formats across platforms.
Step 3 It’s time to start FLV to MP4 conversion(or any other based on your selection on Step 2). You can initiate it by clicking Convert All in the bottom. When the conversion completes, you can import the converted FLV files to Sony Vegas Pro for further editing.
Note: You can specify the destination folder via the Output: section at the bottom left corner of the interface. And now you can start editing the converted FLV file using Sony Vegas Pro.
Tips on Converting FLV to Sony Vegas
1. Why Sony Vegas Pro Not Support FLV
FLV is a container file format, as its name suggests, contains data that has been encoded using various compression and encoding schemes. Such files are incapable of categorizing themselves as a specific file format and plus that Sony Vegas Pro is unable to associate FLV to a particular file format. Therefore, Sony Vegas Pro couldn't open FLV.
2. What Formart Does Sony Vegas Pro Support
Here is a quick list for you to know what formats that Sony Vegas Pro support: MOV, WMV, H.264, AA3, AAF, AIF, ASF, AU, AVC, AVI, BMP, BWF, CDA, DIG, DLX, DPX, DV, EXR, FLAC, GIF, HDP, IVC, JPEG, AVCHD, M2T, M2TS, MVC, Sony MXF (XDCAM and HDCAM SR), MP3, MP4, M4A, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 video, OGG, MPO, OMA, Panasonic MXF (DVCPRO, AVC-Intra) PCA, PSD, QT, R3D, PNG, SFA, SND, TIFF, TGA, W64, WAV, VOX, WDP, WMA, XAVC Intra MXF, and XAVC S.
The method defined above is applicable to all the unsupported formats and is not only limited to FLV. So, whenever you come across a file format that is natively not supported by Sony Vegas Pro, simply convert the unsupported file format into a supported file format with Wondershare Video Converte Ultimate.