- 1. FLV Video Tool+
- 1.1 FLV Splitter
- 1.2 FLV Player
- 1.3 Free FLV Player
- 1.4 Free FLV Player for Mac
- 1.5 Online FLV Converter
- 1.6 FLV Converter for Win10
- 1.7 Free FLV to MP3 Converter
- 1.8 Free FLV to WAV Converter
- 1.9 Free FLV to 3GP Converter
- 1.10 FLV to WMV Converter
- 1.11 FLV to WebM Converter
- 1.12 FLV to AVI Converter Online
- 1.13 MP4 to FLV Converter Online
- 1.14 AVI to FLV Converter
- 1.15 WMV to FLV Converter
- 2. Convert FLV to Other Format+
- 2.1 Convert FLV to MP4
- 2.2 Convert FLV to MP4 Free
- 2.3 Convert FLV to MP4 Mac
- 2.4 Convert FLV to MOV
- 2.5 Convert FLV to MOV Online
- 2.6 Convert FLV to AVI
- 2.7 Convert FLV to MKV
- 2.8 Convert FLV to M4V
- 2.9 Convert FLV to MP3
- 2.10 Convert FLV to 3GP
- 2.11 Convert FLV to DivX
- 2.12 Convert FLV to VOB
- 2.13 Convert FLV to SWF
- 2.14 Convert FLV to DV
- 2.15 Convert FLV to iPad
- 2.16 Convert FLV to iTunes
- 3. Convert Other Format to FLV+
- 4. Play & Edit FLV Tips+
- 4.1 Play FLV in VLC
- 4.2 Play FLV on TV
- 4.3 Stream FLV to TV with Google Chromecast
- 4.4 Play FLV on Xbox One
- 4.5 Play FLV in PS4/PS3
- 4.6 Play FLV in Windows Media Player
- 4.7 Play FLV in Galaxy s6
- 4.8 Compress FLV Videos
- 4.9 Edit FLV in Windows Movie maker
- 4.10 Edit FLV in Adobe Premiere
- 4.11 Edit FLV in Final Cut Pro
- 4.12 Edit FLV in Sony Vegas Pro
- 4.13 Edit FLV in Sony Movie Studio
- 4.14 Edti FLV in iMovie for Editing
- 4.15 Upload FLV to YouTube
- 4.16 Insert FLV to Powerpoint
Most of the times you download a video from the video sharing site like YouTube, Vimeo, etc., and you find the downloaded video not playing on QuickTime or any other player that doesn’t support FLV. Now, editing the video also becomes a huge challenge unless the video is first converted to a suitable format.
Let’s say you wish to show one of the downloaded YouTube videos in a presentation you are preparing for. The downloaded video is in FLV format and before adding it to your presentation; you require subtle edits to be made on the video on your Mac using iMovie. How do you do it? You might have already had such an experience before. Since, FLV videos cannot be recognized by Mac editor tools or even QuickTime player to play them, the best solution is converting the FLV videos to MOV format first.
- Part 1. Recommended FLV to MOV Converter for FLV to MOV Conversion
- Part 2. Use VLC Media Player to Convert FLV to MOV
- Part 3. Convert FLV to MOV with Free Converter Tools Online
- Part 4. Tips on Using Perian for QuickTime to Play FLV
Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac) comes as a handy tool to convert FLV to MOV very easily. With a multitude of features offering video conversions to various formats, downloading and editing of videos, etc., It also offers an extremely smooth and simple interface to work with. Moreover, Wondershare Video Converter is compatible with both Windows and Mac which makes it a one stop solution to all kinds of video conversions and editing for the maximum number of people.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from 10000+ video sharing sites.
- Burn and customize your video to DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Fetch metadata for your iTunes movies automatically.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Here’s how you can use Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) to convert FLV to MOV on Mac.
Step 1 Install and Launch Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) on Mac
First of all, launch Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) on your Mac device. The interface of the program will look like the screenshot below.
Step 2 Load the Files to be Converted
Now, after you have launched the program, load the FLV video files to be converted on to it. You can drag the files and drop them into the Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) interface. Or click Add Files button to import FLV video from your Mac.
Step 3 Choose Output Format
The next step is choosing the output format of the video. Hit the icon beside Convert all tasks to:, and you'd get a list for output formats. Choose MOV under Video tab and select a video resolution in the right.
Step 4 Choose Output Folder
Once the output format is specified, the next step is to specify a destination folder for the converted videos to get saved and stored. You can either leave it as default or specify another path from the bottom of the interface.
Step 5 Start FLV to MOV Conversion
After all the appropriate settings have been made, you can initiate the conversion process. Click on the Convert button would start FLV to MOV conversion right away, and it will take a few minutes to complete.
You will find the converted video in the output folder as specified earlier.
You can also use VLC Media Player to convert FLV to MOV. Here are the steps that you’ll have to follow to achieve this.
Step 1 Launch VLC Media Player on Mac. From the player interface, click on Media and then Convert/Save from the list of options given under.
Step 2 Now, click on Add button to import the FLV video file you wish to convert. Then click the drop down button to select Convert as shown in the above picture.
Step 3 Now, choose the option Video for iPod HD/iPhone/PSP option for the output video format as VLC Media Player has no dedicated profile for mov.
Step 4 Then, click on the Browse button to specify a destination folder for the converted video. While specifying the output file name, type the file name followed by the .mov file extension.
After all these settings are done, click on the Start button and VLC Media Player should start converting the FLV file to MOV format.
Along with software applications which can convert videos to multiple formats, there are online video converters as well you can resort to. One such online converter tool is ‘zamzar.com’, where you can instantly upload the FLV file, select the output format to MOV and then get the converted file through email. You have to feed in your email address on the site to get the converted file.
While this online tool does the job, what makes it difficult to use is that it works over the Internet and therefore brings up some obvious challenges which invariably is the case with anything which works online. Being an online tool, the overall process is a lot slower and time consuming as well with not just the time taken for actual conversion, but also the time it takes to download the video after it has been converted. Since, it asks you to feed your email address to send the converted files to, downloading the converted video from the server takes time which would not be the case with an offline tool such as UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) from Wondershare.
Being a Mac user, it is frustrating to be experiencing the limitations when it comes to compatible video formats to play. QuickTime has some limitations and supports formats like MPEG-4 and H.264. So, if you have an old WMV encoded file or a FLV file that you would like to play, it requires you to re-encode the files. Persian does this ad an add-on of QuickTime and enables it to play multiple formats which were previously not supported like FLV.
Perian for QuickTime enables playing different video formats via QuickTime on Mac. However, if you wish to play FLV on iPhone, iPod, and iPad, etc., Perian is not the one to go for. That requires an external video converter for Mac, such as, Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).
So, if you are hunting for a tool to convert FLV videos to MOV format to be able to edit or play the video, you can go for the aforesaid tools.