- 1. Convert Video to DVD+
- 1.1 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Converters
- 1.2 MOV to DVD
- 1.3 MKV to DVD
- 1.4 MPG to DVD
- 1.5 Burn MP4 to DVD on Windows 10
- 1.6 Convert VOB to DVD
- 1.7 Convert M4V to DVD
- 1.8 Burn AVI to DVD
- 1.9 Burn AVCHD to DVD
- 1.10 Convert WMV to DVD
- 1.11 Burn DivX/Xvid Files to DVD
- 1.12 Burn MKV to DVD Mac
- 1.13 Burn AVI to DVD Mac
- 1.14 MP4 to DVD Online
- 2. Convert DVD to Video +
- 3. Convert to/from ISO +
- 4. DVD Burning Software +
- 4.1 10 Free Mac DVD Burners
- 4.2 AnyDVD for Mac
- 4.3 Best Toast for Windows Alternative
- 4.4 CDBurnerXP for Mac
- 4.5 MP4 to DVD Burner Mac
- 4.6 10 WinX DVD Video Software Alternatives
- 4.7 Windows DVD Maker Programs
- 4.8 10 Best Blu-ray DVD Players
- 4.9 Best DVD Makers
- 4.10 Best Video to DVD Converters
- 4.11 Top DVD Creators
- 4.12 Best Free DVD Authoring Software
- 4.13 Alternative to ConvertXtoDVD Mac/Windows
- 4.14 Best DVD Burning Software
- 4.15 Top 5 Free DVD Burners
- 4.16 PAL to NTSC Converter
- 4.17 Convert MP4 to iDVD Mac
- 5. Convert Other Formats to DVD+
- 5.1 iPhone Videos to DVD
- 5.2 Convert uTorrent Movies to DVD
- 5.3 Burn Camcorder to DVD
- 5.4 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 5.5 Convert MiniDV to DVD
- 5.6 Burn iTunes Movie to DVD
- 5.7 Burn Torrent Movies to DVD
- 5.8 Burn BBC iPlayer to DVD
- 5.9 Burn iMovie to DVD
- 5.10 Burn Windows Movie Maker Files to DVD
- 5.11 Use Adobe Premiere to Burn A DVD
- 5.12 Convert YouTube to DVD
- 5.13 Convert Blu-ray to DVD
- 5.14 Convert Home Movies to DVD
- 5.15 Convert Movies to DVD
- 5.16 Convert Movies to DVD on Mac
- 5.17 Convert 8mm to DVD
- 6. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
Full Solutions to Convert Home Movies to DVD Easily
Memories are to be kept forever with the latest smartphones and high-end camcorders. Recording home movies has become even easier. If you have a collection of these videos on VHS tapes, camcorders, iPhone, iPad or other devices, convert them to DVD will be a good choice. Burning home movies to DVD not only creates backup for emergency situations but also allows you to enjoy them on big screen TV. So in this article, you can learn how to convert home videos to DVD easily on Windows/Mac, also the top DVD recorders for you to transfer VHS to DVD.
- Part 1. How to Convert Home Movies to DVD from Camcorder/iPhone/iPad Easily
- Part 2. Convert Home Videos to DVD from VHS and Analog Camcorder Tapes
- Part 3. Recommended DVD Recorders for Transferring VHS to DVD at Home
There is no myriad of programs that facilitate home movies to DVD conversion, but finding the right one to meet your requirements is important. One such professional tool that comes with all needed functions is Wondershare UniConverter. Using the software you can convert your home movies to DVD from camcorder, iPhone, iPad, hard drive, flash memory, and a host of other devices. The software works at a fast speed and allows converting your videos to DVD files, folder, or ISO files. The built-in free DVD templates and designs facilitate quick customization of your videos. Background music or image of your choice can also be added to enhance the overall appeal. The DVD burning process is very fast and the real-time preview function helps to check the changes made. Wondershare UniConverter supports latest and popular OS versions of Windows and Mac system.
Wondershare UniConverter - Burn Home Movies to DVD on Windows/Mac
- Support 1000+ home video formats for burning to DVD/Blu-ray disc easily on Windows/Mac.
- Customize videos before burning with features like cropping, rotating, trimming, subtitles, and others.
- Burn MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, and other videos to DVD with super fast speed and no quality loss.
- Customize DVD burning with free menu templates, background image/music, and other parameters.
- Convert DVD to digital video formats for easy playing and editing.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Add home videos for burning from devices and external hard drives directly.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
Steps on how to convert home movies to DVD using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Add home videos to Wondershare DVD burner.
Download, install and open Wondershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac. Connect your iPhone, iPad, camcorder or another devices that you want to burn the videos to DVD. On the main software interface, go to the Burn section. Open the drop-down menu at + Add Files > Add from Device and select the connected device.
A new window showing videos on the device will appear. Select the video that you want to convert to DVD.
Step 2 Edit home videos with the built-in editor. (Optional)
Once a video is added successfully to the program, you can cut, crop, trim and perform other editing functions using the built-in-editor. The editing icons are present under the added video thumbnail. You can trim, crop videos, add subtitles and so on.
Note: This editing step is optional. In case if you do not want to edit your videos, you can directly move to the next step.
Step 3 Select DVD menu and enter DVD settings for home movies.
On the right side panel of the software interface, move the left and the right arrow to check the template designs. Select the one as per your requirements. Once the template is set, enter DVD label and enter options for menu type, aspect ratio, TV standard, and quality.
Step 4 Burn home videos to DVD on Windows/Mac.
As the final step, select the destination folder where you want to burn your videos at the Burn videos to: tab. Preview the DVD settings and click the Burn button to start burning home movies to DVD easily and quickly.
Note: At the bottom-right corner, the drop-down menu shows the option for the disc type. For DVD conversion, the software selects the type by default. In case if you want to burn your videos to Blu-ray discs, select from BD25 or BD50 option.
The present day gadgets like smartphone and tablets work as multipurpose tools and with their excellent camera quality has also taken over the role of video recorders to a great extent. But this was not always the scene. In earlier days, video cameras were used for capturing home videos which were saved to VHS tapes. So if you have found a collection of these VHS tapes or camcorder tapes from your old drawer and want to relive those moments, converting them DVD is the best solution. To help convert 8mm film to DVD at home, we bring the apt solution for you.
What you need for transferring VHS to DVD at home:
Few essentials that you would need for the conversion process is enlisted below:
- A working VCR ( if you don’t have one, borrow from a friend or a family member. You can also buy an inexpensive 2nd hand model from an online store, garage sale or another store).
- A DVD recorder
- Black DVD to copy videos
- RCA cables ( These cables come along with your DVD player, TV, or cable box).
Steps on how to transfer home videos to DVD using a DVD recorder:
For this method, you would need a separate VCR and a DVD player with recorder facility.
Step 1: Connect devices.
First of all, you need to make a connection between your VCY and DVD recorder using RCA cables. The RCA cable is color coded in yellow, red, and white and facilitates video as well ad audio transfer. Insert one part of the cable into the color corresponding output option on your VCR. The other part of the cable needs to be inserted into the color corresponding option of the DVD recorder input.
Step 2: Insert the VHS tapes ( media files).
Next, after ensuring that video head of the VCR is clean and working fine, insert the tape and play it. At this point also insert the blank DVD into your DVD recorder device.
Note: In case if you do not want to record the entire video, set it to the mark from where you want the recording from.
Step 3: Start recording.
Finally hit the Play key on your VCR and record key on your DVD player. The VHS tape playing on VCR will start getting recorded on inserted DVD in your DVD player.
To check for any extra step or process for recording, refer to the DVD recorder manual.
It is discussed in the above part of the article that VHS tapes to DVD transfer can be done using a DVD recorder in a simple manner. So if you want to turn home videos into DVDs using this method and look for a DVD recorder, we are there to help you. Below given is the list of top 10 DVD recorders available on Amazon. You can check the specifications and features of these models and go for the best-suited one.
1. Magnavox MDR865H HD DVR/DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner (Black)
$175.49Buy from Amazon
This is one of the best selling DVD recorders and comes with HD digital Single tuner. Using the recorder, you can also record over the air HD broadcasting programs. Its 500GB of hard drive allows recording 500 hours of HD content. If additional storage is needed, it can be increased using the USB port. Using this Magnavox model you can record to multiple sources including DVD, External HDD, and HDD. Option to pause and Rewind Live TV is also there.
2. Funai Combination VCR and DVD Recorder (ZV427FX4)
$69.99Buy from Amazon
This is another best-seller on the list which is a combination of VCR and DVD recorder. Measuring 10.3 X 17.2 X 4 inches in size, it weighs around 9.33 pounds and features Dolby Digital Stream Out. The device allows1080p up conversion from HDMI output and also facilitates archiving home movies from VHS tapes to DVD. Line in recording through cable satellite box is also supported. The recorder has 5-Speed for the recording of up to 8 hours. Additional features include Hi-Fi Stereo, one-touch recording, and HDMI output.
3. Toshiba DR430 DVD Recorder
$849.99Buy from Amazon
This is a pocket-friendly model from Toshiba that comes packed with all your required features. The device features multiple playable disc types including DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, and DVD-RW. It can also playback MP3-CDs and standard audio CDs. The one-touch recording feature of the device makes the entire process quick and easy. Additional features include Auto Finalization, HDMI output with 1080p upscaling option, front panel DV-input to connect camcorders, and video progressive scan 3:2 Pulldown.
4. Magnavox MWR10D6 DVD Recorder
$99.95Buy from Amazon
Another popular model from Magnavox is its MWR10D6 DVD Recorder. Physically the device measures 9.6 X 17.1 X 2.6 inches in size with a weight of around 5.85 pounds. The model is easy to use and comes with DVD+R/RW Recording Progressive Scan DVD +R/RW playback. It has component video output with front A/V inputs digital audio out.
5. Sony DVDirect DVD Recorder VRDMC5
$178Buy from Amazon
If budget is not a constraint and you want a feature packed device then Sony DVDirect DVD Recorder VRDMC5 will be a good option. This recorder has a full support for 4:3 full screen and 16:9 widescreen videos and features Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. This Sony model can be connected to almost all types of camcorders, VCR, and also DVRs for direct recording of the videos to DVDs that can be played on all types of DVD players. For the popular camera memory card types, there are card slots so that you can directly record images and create a slideshow.
6. Panasonic DMR-ES25S DVD Recorder with DV Input with HDMI and SD Card Slot
$221.10Buy from Amazon
Another name in the list of top rated DVD recorders is Panasonic DMR-ES25S which offers flexibility when it comes to recording media option. There is a complete range of recordable DVD media supported by the device including DVD-R/RW. DVD+R/RW, and DVD RAM. The FireWire port of the model supports direct dubbing from the camcorder and it also allows TV program recording with 7-day TV guide option. The Optical digital audio out of the device facilitates Dolby Digital and DTS surround sound. The HDMI digital audio/video output can up-convert the DVD videos to almost HD resolution.
7. Toshiba D-KVR20 1080p Upconversion Progressive Scan DVD±RW/VHS Combo Recorder w/HDMI (Black)
$799.99Buy from Amazon
This is another decent model that supports recording as well as playback of DVD R and DVD RW discs. The device also supports recording of VHS tapes so that you can convert your old favorite collection of VHS into DVD format. The model also supports playing other file formats including MP3, JPEG, DivX, and WMA. There is an option to record TV programs and up to 12 programs in a month can be recorded. The HDMI cable allows to improve picture quality and facilitates 1080p upconversion. Bi-directional dubbing and selective progressive scan mode are the additional features.
8. Panasonic DMR-EZ17K DVD Recorder with ATSC Tuner Black
$104.99Buy from Amazon
The Panasonic DMR-EZ17K DVD Recorder is a top rated device measuring 10 X 17 X 2 inches in size and weighs 6 pounds. There is built-in Dolby digital and DTS recorder in the model. There are Multi Drive Ram and DV input for transfer. The 1sec quick start feature of the recorder makes the process extremely fast. There is also a feature of easy search and recording time slip.
9. Samsung DVD-R135 DVD Recorder
$239.49Buy from Amazon
This is a slim and stylish DVD recorder from Panasonic which offers excellent quality and power in a convenient manner. There is a front panel DV input that allows connecting camcorder to edit as well as record videos directly to a DVD disc. The Enhanced Video Quality features that offers sharp colors and true color reproduction for the movies as well as home videos. Additional features include reduced pixel noise, upconversion of standard DVD to HD 720p and 1080i resolution, and digital optical and digital coaxial audio output for home theater surround sound.
10. Philips DVDR3576H DVD Recorder with 160GB Hard Disc and Built-In Tuner
$374.99Buy from Amazon
This Panasonic DVD recorder allows recording all your favorite movies, TV programs, and music. Using the device you can play all types of media format including MP3, JPEG, WMA, and DivX. There is an option of 1080p HDMI upconversion with progressive scan component. Additional features include programming timer enhancements, manual timer, one-touch recording, 12 programmable events, and others.
So, if you have some home videos in your iPhone, iPad, or camera devices, and you want to convert these home movies to DVD for watching on TV, Wondershare UniConverter will always be the right choice. Free download and follow the steps in Part 1 to have a try.