- 1. Convert Video to DVD+
- 1.1 MP4 to DVD
- 1.2 MOV to DVD
- 1.3 MKV to DVD
- 1.4 MPG to DVD
- 1.5 Burn MP4 to DVD on Windows 10
- 1.6 Convert VOB to DVD
- 1.7 Convert M4V to DVD
- 1.8 Burn AVI to DVD
- 1.9 Burn AVCHD to DVD
- 1.10 Convert WMV to DVD
- 1.11 Burn WMV to DVD Player Format
- 1.12 Convert MTS/M2TS/TS Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn DivX/Xvid Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn MKV to DVD Mac
- 1.14 Burn AVI to DVD Mac
- 2. Convert DVD to Video +
- 3. Convert to/from ISO +
- 4. DVD Burning Software +
- 4.1 ImgBurn Alternative for Windows
- 4.2 Freemake Alternatives
- 4.3 10 Free Mac DVD Burners
- 4.4 AnyDVD for Mac
- 4.5 Best Toast for Windows Alternative
- 4.6 CDBurnerXP for Mac
- 4.7 MP4 to DVD Burner Mac
- 4.8 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burners
- 4.9 10 WinX DVD Video Software Alternatives
- 4.10 Windows DVD Maker Programs
- 4.11 10 Best Blu-ray DVD Players
- 4.12 Best DVD Makers
- 4.13 Best Video to DVD Converters
- 4.14 Top DVD Creators
- 4.15 Best Free DVD Authoring Software
- 4.16 Alternative to ConvertXtoDVD Mac/Windows
- 4.17 Best DVD Burning Software
- 4.18 Top 5 Free DVD Burners
- 4.19 PAL to NTSC Converter
- 4.20 Convert MP4 to iDVD Mac
- 5. Convert Other Formats to DVD+
- 5.1 iPhone Videos to DVD
- 5.2 Convert uTorrent Movies to DVD
- 5.3 Burn Camcorder to DVD
- 5.4 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 5.5 Convert MiniDV to DVD
- 5.6 Burn iTunes Movie to DVD
- 5.7 Burn Torrent Movies to DVD
- 5.8 Burn BBC iPlayer to DVD
- 5.9 Burn iMovie to DVD
- 5.10 Burn Windows Movie Maker Files to DVD
- 5.11 Use Adobe Premiere to Burn A DVD
- 5.12 Convert YouTube to DVD
- 5.13 Burn DVD on Windows/Mac
- 5.14 Convert Blu-ray to DVD
- 5.15 Convert Home Movies to DVD
- 5.16 Convert Movies to DVD
- 5.17 Convert Movies to DVD on Mac
- 6. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
Full Guide to DVD PAL and DVD NTSC
“Does NTSC/PAL matter to DVD movies?” --- A Quesion from Quora
The format for the DVD and VHS videos is same across the globe, but the electronic signals that are recorded on these discs differ from country to country. NTSC and DVD PAL are two of these most commonly used video standards. So if you wish to play DVD discs seamlessly in your region, it is important to know the standard of the disc and one supported in your region.
- Part 1. What Is Pal DVD Format/NTSC DVD Format
- Part 2. What're The Differences Between PAL Format DVD and NTSC Format DVD
- Part 3. How to Play Pal DVD Format or NTSC DVD Format Freely
Part 1. What Is Pal DVD Format/NTSC DVD Format
What Is PAL DVD Format?
Standing for Phase Alternating Line, PAL is a video system or standard and a PAL DVD is a disc that makes use of the PAL encoding system. A DVD PAL format is used in more than 120 countries across the globe including Africa, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. The different versions of this standard are these are interoperable. In a PAL format DVD 25 frames are transmitted in a second and each of these frames are made of 625 individual scan lines.
What Is NTSC Format DVD?
NTSC is also a video standard that is mainly used in North America and South America. In this format, 30 frames per second are transmitted with aspect ratio of 720 X 480 and there are 525 individual scan lines in each of these frames. A disc using NTSC system is known as NTSC format DVD.
Part 2. What're The Differences Between PAL Format DVD and NTSC Format DVD
Though NTSC and PAL, both are encoding systems that affects the quality of the videos that are viewed, they are different an array of aspects including supported regions, aspect ratio, fps, and others. The table below shows comparison between NTSC and PAL format.
|Full Form||National Television System Committee||Phase Alternating Line|
|Supported Regions||Japan, North America and most parts of South America||UK, Australia, Sweden, most parts of Europe and Africa|
|Aspect Ratio||720 X 480||720 X 576|
Part 3. How to Play Pal DVD Format or NTSC DVD Format Freely
NTSC and PAL are region specific encoding systems that allow playing your DVD disc in the region for which they are created. So if you have a PAL DVD that you want to play NTSC supported region, or vice versa, good converter software is needed. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is one such video toolbox that works as a professional PAL DVD to NTSC converter and allows playing your PAL or NTSC DVD freely by allowing you to burn DVD and convert their format. Using the software, you can burn your disc and convert PAL DVD to NTSC or NTSC to PAL format as needed without losing quality. Additionally the program also allows to convert formats, edit videos, and transfer files. The software is compatible with Windows and Mac system.
Wondershare UniConverter - Your Complete Video Toolbox for Windows 10 / Mac (Catalina Included)
- Burn videos to DVD folder/ISO/DVD disc with setting PAL or NTSC.
- Built-in video editor allows customizing videos before burning with features like cropping, rotating, trimming and others.
- Offer free DVD menu templates with various themes.
- Facilitates adding personalized background image and music for DVD.
- Works as DVD burning software for Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
- Convert videos to any format in batch with less quality loss.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer converted DVD videos to devices and external hard drives directly.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, video compressor and screen recorder.
Steps to Play PAL DVD Format with PAL DVD Converter:
Step 1 Launch PAL to NTSC DVD converter and load DVD files.
Download, install, and launch UniConverter on your PC. Select the Burn tab and click Load DVD drop down menu. Select the inserted disc. From the new DVD Load Model window, select from Main Movie or All Movies option and click OK. The videos will be added to the program interface.
Step 2 Choose DVD template.
The right-hand side panel of the software will show the available template designs with their thumbnail. Move the left and the right arrows to check the design and select the desired one.
Step 3 Choose NTSC DVD standard and other parameters.
You can choose from NTSC or PAL DVD option under the TV Standard: tab. Also select other parameters like DVD Label, Menu Type, Aspect Ratio, and Quality.
Step 4 Burn video to DVD.
At top right corner, select location where you want to burn video at Burn video to: tab. Finally, click Burn to start burning your disc in desired NTSC or PAL format.
With quick and simple steps, Wondershare UniConverter works as excellent PAL to NTSC DVD converter software.