- 1. Convert Video to DVD+
- 1.1 MP4 to DVD
- 1.2 MOV to DVD
- 1.3 MKV to DVD
- 1.4 MPG to DVD
- 1.5 Burn MP4 to DVD on Windows 10
- 1.6 Convert VOB to DVD
- 1.7 Convert M4V to DVD
- 1.8 Burn AVI to DVD
- 1.9 Burn AVCHD to DVD
- 1.10 Convert WMV to DVD
- 1.11 Burn WMV to DVD Player Format
- 1.12 Convert MTS/M2TS/TS Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn DivX/Xvid Files to DVD
- 1.13 Burn MKV to DVD Mac
- 1.14 Burn AVI to DVD Mac
- 2. Convert DVD to Video +
- 3. Convert to/from ISO +
- 4. DVD Burning Software +
- 4.1 ImgBurn Alternative for Windows
- 4.2 Freemake Alternatives
- 4.3 10 Free Mac DVD Burners
- 4.4 AnyDVD for Mac
- 4.5 Best Toast for Windows Alternative
- 4.6 CDBurnerXP for Mac
- 4.7 MP4 to DVD Burner Mac
- 4.8 Top 15 MP4 to DVD Burners
- 4.9 10 WinX DVD Video Software Alternatives
- 4.10 Windows DVD Maker Programs
- 4.11 10 Best Blu-ray DVD Players
- 4.12 Best DVD Makers
- 4.13 Best Video to DVD Converters
- 4.14 Top DVD Creators
- 4.15 Best Free DVD Authoring Software
- 4.16 Alternative to ConvertXtoDVD Mac/Windows
- 4.17 Best DVD Burning Software
- 4.18 Top 5 Free DVD Burners
- 4.19 PAL to NTSC Converter
- 4.20 Convert MP4 to iDVD Mac
- 5. Convert Other Formats to DVD+
- 5.1 iPhone Videos to DVD
- 5.2 Convert uTorrent Movies to DVD
- 5.3 Burn Camcorder to DVD
- 5.4 Burn VLC Files to DVD
- 5.5 Convert MiniDV to DVD
- 5.6 Burn iTunes Movie to DVD
- 5.7 Burn Torrent Movies to DVD
- 5.8 Burn BBC iPlayer to DVD
- 5.9 Burn iMovie to DVD
- 5.10 Burn Windows Movie Maker Files to DVD
- 5.11 Use Adobe Premiere to Burn A DVD
- 5.12 Convert YouTube to DVD
- 5.13 Burn DVD on Windows/Mac
- 5.14 Convert Blu-ray to DVD
- 5.15 Convert Home Movies to DVD
- 5.16 Convert Movies to DVD
- 5.17 Convert Movies to DVD on Mac
- 6. Other DVD Tips & Tricks +
How to Burn DVD on Windows 10/7/Mac Easily
Burning movies and other videos on DVD creates a physical copy of your favorite titles on a disc which you can enjoy playing on your latest HD TV. Moreover, you can create multiple copies of your local videos on discs and gift to dear ones. There are multiple ways to burn DVD Windows 10, burn DVD Mac and on other OS. Depending on your requirements, you can choose the most suitable option. Following part of the article discuss these different ways on how to burn a DVD.
- Part 1. How to Burn DVD on Windows 10/7
- Part 2. How to Burn A DVD on Mac
- Part 3. How to Burn A PowerPoint to A DVD
- Part 4. Extended Knowledge of Burning DVDs
You can burn video to DVD on your Windows PC using third party software. One program that looks after all your DVD burning and other video related needs is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). In addition to Window 10/7, the software supports other OS versions as well including Windows 8/Vista/XP. Using the program, you can burn HD as well as FHD videos to DVD and Blu-ray discs. The videos can be burned to DVD folder or ISO files as needed. Almost all major formats are supported by Wondershare software for converting them in DVD compatible file formats. Thus, you can burn AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV to DVD. Additional features include free DVD menu templates and themes, option to edit video parameters, add a background image and video, real-time preview, fast conversion speed, and others.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Best Video to DVD Converter for Windows 10 / Mac (Mojave Included)
- Support all popular and commonly used formats for DVD conversion like MP4, MOV, MKV, AAC, and others. Also allows burning HD and FHD videos to DVD and Blu-ray discs.
- Allows burning videos to DVD folder and ISO files on the local disk.
- Built-in video editor to customize videos before burning with features like trimming, cropping, rotating, and more.
- Provides 100+ free DVD menu templates with various themes.
- Facilitates adding personalized background image and music for DVD.
- Enables real-time preview of all the changes and adjustments.
- Burn many DVDs with one-time DVD settings.
- Works as DVD burning software for Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista and Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
- Download or record videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites.
- Transfer converted DVD videos to devices and external hard drives directly.
- Versatile toolbox: Add video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder.
Steps on how to burn DVD in Windows 7/10 using Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate):
Method 1: Burn local videos to DVD
Step 1 Open Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) and Load local videos.
After successful download, and installation of your Wondershare program, open the program on your PC. Choose the Burn tab from the primary software interface. Click +Add Files to browse and add local files from your PC. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop the files to the interface.
Step 2 Customize DVD template and make DVD settings.
On the left side panel, move the left or right arrow to check the available template theme. Click the edit icon on the top right corner to open DVD Template window and check for more templates or to add a background image or video.
Enter the desired name for DVD Label in the blank and choose other settings like Menu Type, Aspect Ratio, TV Standard, and Quality.
Step 3 Burn files to DVD.
At the top right corner, select the location where you want to burn your videos at Burn video to: section. Insert a blank DVD into your PC and finally hit Burn to start with the conversion process. Depending on the type of added videos, you can burn MKV, MOV, or burn avi to DVD at a fast speed.
Method 2: How to Burn YouTube Videos to DVD
UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) also supports video downloading feature from YouTube and other sites. In addition to local files, you can also download YouTube videos and burn them to DVD using the Wondershare program.
Steps on how to burn YouTube videos to DVD:
Step 1 Copy YouTube video link.
Open the desired YouTube video on your browser and copy its link.
Step 2 Open Wondershare software and Paste URL.
Launch UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) program on your PC. Select the Download tab from the primary interface. Click +Paste URL and the copied link will paste automatically for video download process.
Step 3 Transfer downloaded video to the Burn list.
Once the YouTube video download is complete, it will appear under the Finished tab. Right click the video and choose Add to Burn List.
Step 4 Burn YouTube video to DVD.
Once the downloaded video is moved to the Burn tab, follow the Steps 3, 4, and 5 from Method 1 to complete the process of converting videos to DVD.
The simple steps above on how to burn a DVD on Windows will help you get quality output on your discs within no time.
Part 2. How to Burn A DVD on A Mac
Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac) supports converting and burning your videos to DVD. Just like its Wondershare version, the Mac DVD converter also comes loaded with a list of features to make the burning process simple and fast. Supporting an array of format, you can burn dmg to DVD, burn VOB to DVD and other formats to DVD. Additionally, you can you burn music to a DVD as well if needed. Select a desired DVD theme or template, add a background image or video and hit Burn. You are all set to create a personalized DVD of your choice using UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) program.
Steps on how to burn a DVD on a Mac using Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac):
Step 1 Add videos to Wondershare DVD Burning Program.
Launch Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac). Select the Burn tab from the program main interface. Click +Add Files to browse and add local videos from your Mac system.
Step 2 Select DVD template and theme.
Once the video is added, select DVD template from given options by moving right and left arrows. Click edit icon in the top-right corner to check for more designs and to add image or video as a background.
Step 3 Choose DVD label and other parameters.
Enter a DVD label of your choice and select DVD parameters related to Menu Type, Aspect Ratio, TV standard, and Quality.
Step 4 Burn video DVD Mac.
At top right corner, select location where you want to burn your videos at Burn Video to: tab. Finally hit Burn to start the DVD burning process.
Part 3. How to Burn A PowerPoint to A DVD
If you have your official or tutorial presentations in PowerPoint, convert them into a DVD to facilitate watching on a big screen and have a physical backup as well. Moreover, if you want to share your presentation with multiple people, you can create discs and distribute.
If you have Windows 7, then use Windows DVD Maker as a DVD burning software. In case if you are using Windows 8/8.1/10 OS version, then you need to install a third-party DVD software for burning presentation to DVDs.
Steps on how to burn a PowerPoint to a DVD using Windows DVD Maker:
Step 1: Turn your PowerPoint presentation into a video. You can do this by exporting or saving your presentation into .mp4 or .wmv format. Alternatively, you can also save your PowerPoint presentation into .ppsx file.
Step 2: Open Windows DVD Maker and hit Chose Photos and Videos.
Step 3: Hit Add items to browse and select the presentation that is converted into a video format.
Step 4: Choose a DVD title and insert a blank DVD into your PC, click Next to go ahead.
Step 5: Click Preview to see the changes.
Step 6: Finally, click Burn to start the process of DVD burning.
Part 4. Extended Knowledge of Burning DVDs
The following points, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions will help you to make your DVD burning process simpler and faster.
1. What are the types of DVDs available for burning?
Before burning your data, movies, and other content to a disc, you must be aware of the types of DVDs available so that you can know which one is needed and also supported by your PC. Some of the most commonly used types of DVDs are as follows:
DVD-R: Write once format disc with a total storage of around 4.7GB. These are compatible with most the burning programs.
DVD-RW: Rewritable disc with storage of up to 4.7GB.
DVD+R: First blank DVD that uses both sides of the disc.
DVD+RW: Similar to DVD+R disc but has more storage capacity up to 9.4GB.
DVD+R Dual Layer/Double Layer: Double layer DVD+R disc that is compatible with most of the DVD players and has storage of up to 8.4GB.
DVD-RAM: This is read and write a disc that is supported by Panasonic, Toshiba, and Hitachi.
2. Meaning and solution of error- “There is not enough space available for the recording process” while burning a DVD.
Meaning: One of the most common errors that is encountered by a large number of people while burning a DVD is - “There is not enough space available for the recording process”. The error indicates that the hard drive of your PC does not have space to store the temporary files which creates when you burn a disc.
Solution: The most straightforward solution is to delete the not needed files from the folder which is full. Alternatively, you can also select some different folder in order to store your temporary files. You can also use the other partition of the hard disk that has more space.
3. What features to look in for good DVD burning software?
There is myriad of options available when it comes to DVD burning tools and programs like Roxio easy CD & DVD burning, VLC burn DVD, WinX DVD Author, BurnAware, and others. Selecting from a free DVD burning program or a paid tool totally depends on your requirements. Few pointers that must be considered while selecting good professional burning software includes – fast burning, lossless quality output, batch processing or multiple files at a time, video editing, selection of templates, and editing video parameters. Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is one such tool that offers all the above listed and many more DVD burning features.
4. What are ISO files?
Also known as a disc image, an ISO file is copy of the entire DVD from which it is extracted. With the .iso extension, these files are mainly used to distribute the disc images. When ISO files are burnt to a black disc, you will get the folders, files, as well as the properties like the original disc. In situations when you do not have a disc for burning your files, you can create an ISO file image or a DVD folder which can be accessed on a system that does not have a DVD drive.
5. Is it possible to burn one video to different DVDs with a single setting?
If you need to create multiple DVD copies of a single video, then making settings every time for a disc is a time-consuming task. In order to make this simpler, a professional tool like Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is really helpful. Using this expert program, you can do one-time settings and can then create multiple discs without any hassles.
So to get the expert and the best solution on how to burn video to DVD, install Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) on your Windows or Mac system.