- 1. Convert Popular Formats to AVI+
- 1.1 WMV to AVI Converter
- 1.2 MOV to AVI Converter
- 1.3 MOV to AVI Converter for Mac
- 1.4 MKV to AVI Converter
- 1.5 Free MP4 to AVI Converter
- 1.6 WebM to AVI Converter
- 1.7 MPG to AVI Converter
- 1.8 FLV to AVI Converter
- 1.9 Convert ISO to AVI
- 1.10 Convert M4V to AVI
- 1.11 3GP to AVI Converter
- 1.12 RMVB to AVI Converter
- 1.13 DivX to AVI Converter
- 1.14 WLMP to AVI Converter
- 1.15 VRO to AVI Converter
- 1.16 Video TS to AVI Converter
- 1.17 DV to AVI Conveter
- 1.18 MTS to AVI Converter
- 1.19 VOB to AVI Converter
- 1.20 Convert MP3 to AVI
- 2. Convert Other Formats to AVI+
- 2.1 ASF to AVI Converter
- 2.2 MXF to AVI Converter
- 2.3 MOD to AVI Converter
- 2.4 Convert MP4 to AVI
- 2.5 Convert MP4 to AVI on Mac
- 2.5 Convert DVD to AVI
- 2.7 Convert WTV to AVI
- 2.8 Convert DVR to AVI
- 2.9 Convert Torrent to AVI
- 2.10 Convert VOB to AVI on Mac
- 2.11 Convert AVCHD to AVI
- 2.12 Convert MSWMM to AVI
- 2.13 Convert OGV to AVI
- 2.14 Convert YouTube video to AVI
- 2.15 Convert Windows Movie Maker Video to AVI
- 2.16 Convert Windows DVD Maker Video to AVI
- 2.17 Burn DVD to AVI with handbrake
- 2.18 Export Windows Live Movie Maker in AVI
- 2.19 Free M2TS to AVI Converter
- 2.20 Convert JPG to AVI
- 2.21 Convert PPT to AVI
- 3. Convert AVI to Popular Formats+
- 3.1 AVI to MOV Converter
- 3.2 AVI to MOV Online Converter
- 3.3 AVI to MKV Converter
- 3.4 AVI to 3GP Online Converter
- 3.5 AVI to M4V Converter
- 3.6 AVI to FLV Converter
- 3.7 AVI to WMV Converter
- 3.8 Free AVI to MPEG Converter
- 3.9 AVI to DV Converter
- 3.10 AVI to SWF Converter
- 3.11 AVI to DVD Converter
- 3.12 AVI to DivX Converter
- 3.13 AVI to ISO Converter
- 3.14 AVI to TS Converter
- 3.15 AVI to VOB Converter
- 3.16 Convert AVI to MP4
- 3.17 Convert AVI to MP3
- 4. Convert AVI to Other Formats+
- 4.1 Convert AVI to iTunes
- 4.2 Convert AVI to WebM
- 4.3 Convert AVI to 3GP
- 4.4 Convert AVI to iMovie
- 4.5 Import AVI to iMovie
- 4.6 Convert AVI to Xvid
- 4.7 Convert AVI to Chromecast
- 4.8 Convert AVI to MPEG2
- 4.9 Convert AVI to MPEG4
- 4.10 Convert AVI to iPod
- 4.11 Convert AVI to GIF
- 4.12 Convert AVI to iPhone
- 4.13 Convert AVI to FCP Mac
- 4.14 Convert AVI to YouTube
- 4.15 Burn AVI to DVD
- 5. Convert AVI Online +
- 6. Play AVI+
- 6.1 Top AVI Player
- 6.2 Play AVI on Mac
- 6.3 Play AVI on iPad
- 6.4 Play AVI on iPhone
- 6.5 Play AVI on Xbox one
- 6.6 Play AVI on Xbox360
- 6.7 Play AVI with VLC Player
- 6.8 Play AVI in QuickTime
- 6.9 Play AVI in Windows Media Player
- 6.10 Play AVI in Samsung galaxy s6
- 6.11 Play AVI on Apple TV
- 6.12 Play AVI on TV
- 7. AVI Tips & Tricks+
- 7.1 MOVAVI Alternative for Windows
- 7.2 MOVAVI Alternative
- 7.3 Free AVI Converter on Mac
- 7.4 AVI Converter for Windows 10
- 7.5 Free AVI Converters on Mac
- 7.6 AVI Converters
- 7.7 Free AVI Player for windows
- 7.8 AVI Player for Mac
- 7.9 AVI Cutter
- 7.10 Make AVI Smaller
- 7.11 Reduce AVI File Size
- 7.12 Compress AVI
- 7.13 Add Metadata to AVI
- 7.14 3D AVI Creator
- 7.15 Repair AVI File
Many Windows 7 or Vista users complained Windows DVD Maker doesn't recognize AVI video files in various forums. Even someone said when they upgraded Vista to Windows 7, the Windows DVD Maker doesn't work any longer - making a DVD from the same AVI file with no sound. That is video codec problem. Probably, your AVI files are encoded with one of video codecs that Windows DVD Maker doesn't recognize. And in the second case, maybe your computer lost the necessary video codec package when upgraded. No matter which situation you have, to fix this problem completely, an easy and permanent solution is to convert AVI to Windows DVD Maker natively-supported formats like WMV. And if you're not crazy about Windows DVD Maker, you can also choose a powerful and easy-to-use DVD burning app to make a DVD from any video file, including AVI from any source.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) - Your Complete Video Toolbox
- Convert to 1000+ formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your videos file.
- Download/record videos from video sharing sites.
- Fetch metadata for your iTunes movies automatically.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
In this article, I'll recommend an all-in-one tool, which you can use to convert AVI files to one of Windows DVD Maker supported formats or directly burn DVDs from AVI files quickly and easily. Its name is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). It works effectively in both video conversion and DVD burning, without any video & audio quality loss. With it, you'll have 2 options to complete Windows DVD Maker to AVI conversion and the guide below will show you how to convert AVI to Windows DVD Maker and direct burn a DVD from an AVI file in 2 respective parts.
Part 1. How to Convert AVI to Windows DVD Maker
If you want to burn AVI with Windows DVD Maker, converting AVI to a compatible format for Windows DVD Maker is a necessary step. To do it, you can refer to the guide below.
Step 1 Import AVI to this Windows DVD Maker converter
As soon as you launch this app, you'll be brought to the default "Convert" interface. Here, you can click "Add Files" button to let you import your local AVI files. Or directly drag the AVI files you want from PC to this app.
Step 2 Choose WMV as the output format
As we all know, Windows DVD Maker supports WMV natively. So, you can convert files to WMV for DVD buring in Windows DVD Maker. Click the down arrow button from the Target box and select Video tab, choose WMV in the left sidebar and select the video resolution in the right to confirm the output format.
Step 3 Convert AVI to Windows DVD Maker
Just start AVI to Windows DVD Maker conversion by clicking the Convert button in the bottom-right side of the interface. When the video conversion is done after a few minutes, you can switch to the Converted tab to find the converted files and then import them to Windows DVD Maker to create your DVDs.
Part 2. How to Burn DVDs from AVI Directly
This program makes it very quick and easy to burn a high-quality DVD from any video file. Next, I'll show you how to burn DVDs from your AVI files via this app.
Step 1 Import AVI files to this app
In the first step, you can use the same way above to import your local AVI files to this program. But notice that you need to import files in the Burn interface instead of the Convert interface. To enter into the Burn interface, just hit Burn tab at the top. By the way, if you want to edit videos before DVD burning, at this time, you can do it in its editing windows.
Step 2 Customize a DVD menu
Click the left or right arrow to change DVD template, you can see the template theme in the middle and the thumbnail below. Choose one DVD menu template to customize your own DVD menu. Adding background music or picture is available.
Step 3 Start to burn DVDs
When everything is done, you just insert a blank DVD disc (DVD5 or DVD9), and at last, click Burn button at the bottom-right corner of the interface. That's all. This app will automatically help you finish the rest DVD burning job. After that, you can get a written DVD disc. Just enjoy it on your DVD player now!
For your convenience, you can watch the video tutorial below.