- 1. AVCHD Knowledge+
- 2. Convert & Play AVCHD+
- 2.1 convert avchd to mpeg
- 2.2 convert avchd to wmv
- 2.3 convert avchd to quicktime
- 2.4 convert avchd to h.264
- 2.5 convert avchd to youtube
- 2.6 import avchd to imovie
- 2.7 convert avchd to adobe premiere
- 2.8 convert avchd to final cut pro
- 2.9 import avchd to final cut pro x
- 2.10 convert avchd to prores
- 2.11 convert avchd to prores 4444
- 2.12 convert sony avchd files
- 2.13 convert avchd with handbrake
- 2.14 convert avchd with ffmepg
- 2.15 pay avchd on ps3
- 2.16 play avchd on ipad
- 2.17 play avchd on mac
- 2.18 play panasonic avchd files
Can FCPX import AVCHD files directly, or do they still need to be converted first? I have MTS files from a Panasonic GH2 digital camcorder that are in AVCHD that are grayed out when I try to import them.-Travisimo from Apple Community
Like Travisimo, you may often run into incompatibility issue when transferring AVCHD footage to Final Cut Pro, even you’re following the workflow. Actually, you can import any videos to FCP for smooth editing without needing to be a geek at formats and codecs. With Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac), it's extremely donable. Below describes how to do it step by step. No sweat!
Preparation: Free download AVCHD to FCP Converter trial version:.
- Convert video to over 1000 formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV and more
- Convert to optimized preset for almost all of the devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than any conventional converters.
- Edit, enhance & personalize your video files
- Burn and customize your DVD with free DVD menu templates
- Download or record videos from 10,000+ video sharing sites
- Versatile toolbox combines fix video metadata, GIF maker, cast video to TV, VR converter and screen recorder
- Industry-leading APEXTRANS technology converts videos with zero quality loss or video compression
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Steps to Convert AVCHD to Final Cut Pro on Mac with Wondershare UniConverter
Note: This AVCHD to FCP converter is cross-platform. If you're a Windows user, you can turn to its Windows version - Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). Below guide takes Mac screenshot, just make sure you download the right version.
Step 1 Add your avchd files
Connect your camcorder to Mac, and then launch this AVCHD to FCP converter Mac. Instantly, all recorded AVCHD files can be shown in this program's interface. At this time, you can untick the "Select All" option and just tick what you want, then click the "Load" option to load them.
Tips: This program provides a media browser to help you manage local video, audio and downloads. You can add the your video folders into the category and fast locate them later by clicking .
Step 2 Choose FCP as the output format
To import MTS files to FCP, you need to convert to its supported formats, namely DV, HDV, P2 MXF (DVCProHD), XDCAM and 2K film formats. However, to ensure the best quality, Wondershare UniConverter for Mac (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac) provides other options besides common video output.
- Configured presets for FCP, standard definition.
- Native codecs like ProRes, Apple Intermediate Codec for FCP to ensure the best result when editing in FCP.
Furthermore, provided that you want to compress the file a little, you can also click the gear icon to manually adjust the bit rate, frame rate, resolution, etc.
Step 3 Start converting avchd to FCP
After choosing the right output format, now just hit the Convert button on the bottom right to kick off AVCHD to Final Cut Pro conversion. During the conversion, you'll see a neat designed bar to show the percentage and remaining time.
When all conversions finished, just click "Open Output" in the pop-up window to find the converted files. Now you may go ahead to show your creativeness on editing them with Final Cut Pro at ease.