- 1. Compress Video/Audio in Different Formats+
- 1.1 Compress MP4 on Winodws & Mac
- 1.2 Reduce Size of MP4
- 1.3 Resize MP4 Videos Online
- 1.4 Compress MP4 Online
- 1.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 1.6 Compress FLV
- 1.7 Compress MKV
- 1.8 Compress MOV
- 1.9 Compress MOV Online
- 1.10 Compress WMV
- 1.11 Comrpess M4V
- 1.12 Compress MPEG/3GP
- 1.13 Compress H264 File
- 1.14 Compress AVI File
- 1.15 Reduce Size of MKV
- 1.16 Top 5 WebM Compressors
- 1.17 Compress WAV Free Online
- 1.18 FLAC Compression Software
- 1.19 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 1.20 Compress M4A Files Free Online
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 2.1 Compress iPhone Video
- 2.2 Compress Camcorder Video
- 2.3 Compress GoPro Video
- 2.4 Compress QuickTime Video
- 2.5 Compress Fraps Video
- 2.6 Top 12 File Compressor for Android
- 2.7 MMS Video Size Limit for iPhone/Android
- 2.8 Shorten Videos on iPhone
- 2.9 10 Video Compressor App Android/iPhone
- 2.10 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 3.1 Resize Video in iMovie
- 3.2 Make VLC Resize Video
- 3.3 Make Windows Movie Maker Resize Video
- 3.4 Different Apps to Compress Video
- 3.5 Compress Videos with Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 3.6 Use FFmpeg to Resize Video
- 3.7 Apple Compressor 4 Alternative
- 3.8 Top 6 Clipchamp Alternatives
- 3.9 Top 7 Video Cutter and Compressor
- 3.10 HandBrake Video Compressor Alternative
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 4.1 Compress Video for Email
- 4.2 Compress Video for Web
- 4.3 Compress Video for YouTube
- 4.4 Compress Video for Vimeo
- 4.5 Compress Video for Facebook, Instagram
- 4.6 Twitter Video Compression
- 4.7 Resize Facebook Video Size
- 4.8 Resize Instagram Video Size
- 4.9 Compress YouTube Video Size
- 4.10 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.11 Send Large Files via Email
- 4.12 Compress Files for WhatsApp
- 4.13 Send Long Videos on WhatsApp
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 13 Video Compressors
- 5.4 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.5 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.6 Top 8 Audio Compressor Free Online
- 5.7 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.8 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.9 Compress A Video
- 5.10 Compressed Video Formats
- 5.11 Top 8 Compression Software 2019
- 5.12 Top 9 File Compressors
- 5.13 How to Make A File Smaller
- 5.14 How to Make Video Smaller
- 5.15 Lossless Compression
- 5.16 Top 10 Ways to Reduce Video Size
- 5.17 Compress Files & Folders
- 5.18 Compress Folder Online and Free
- 5.19 Top 6 Online Size Converters
- 5.20 Top 10 Ways to Send Large Videos
- 5.21 Top 5 Video Resizer
- 5.22 Top 6 File Size Reducer
- 5.23 Shorten a Video Online and Free
- 5.24 Change MP4/MP3 Bitrate
- 5.25 11 Ways to Compress Videos Free Online
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
- Game Lovers
Top 6 Online Size Converter You Should Know
by Christine Smith • 2022-09-16 18:18:02 • Proven solutions
There are various scenarios when people have a requirement to compress video size so that they can use it for various needs. Some people want to compress their videos to save space, while others want to share smaller size files via multiple platforms with their friends. But all of them have the same requirement that is an easy-to-use file compressor. Online size converters always help to do this as they don't need installation and are free to use. This article will discuss the top 5 online video size converters and their best alternative to compress video and audio files without losing quality.
- Part 1. Top 6 Online Size Converter to Convert Video Files
- Part 2. Limits of Online Size Converters
- Part 3. Best Alternative to Online Size Converters to Compress Videos Easily
Part 1. Top 6 Online Size Converter to Convert Video Files
The Convert Files platform is another free online video size converter. You can easily convert and compress your videos in any format. The platform has a limited file format support but has the most commonly used formats in the list. You can change the quality of the video as per your requirement. You can also choose the size of the video from a very big list of file size and resolution. Follow the steps below and change the size of your videos.
Step 1: Visit the home page, and you will see the field where you can add the files. Load your video from the storage and select the format of the target video.
Step 2: Then choose the quality of the video from low, moderate, high, and very high and choose the size which you want.
Step 3: Finally, tap on the convert button and wait for some time as the file is compressed. After the compression is complete, you will be able to download the same video file in a smaller size.
Step 1: Click on the Browse option on the home screen and load the file that you want to compress.
Step 2: You will have options to use the Low compression level with the best quality and to remove audio from the video too. Click on the box if you want to do so, otherwise simply customize the video scale and click on the Upload button.
Step 3: The uploading will take some time depending on the file size, and when the file is compressed, you will be able to download the video with a reduced scale and size.
EZGIF.com is one of the best video resizers online that allows you to do much more than simply reducing the file size. Although the main purpose of the tool is making GIFs, the other tools that are available on this online platform are quite remarkable. You can resize, cut, crop, reverse, and rotate the video, but not at once. You can either select a file from your storage or paste the URL of the video and resize the video online. Follow the steps below to resize the video:
Step 1: Open the link, and you will be navigated to the resizing page of EZGIF. Click on the Choose File option or copy the URL of the video from any website whose size you want to reduce.
Step 2: Make sure that the video is of 100 MB and click on the Upload Video option.
Step 3: The file will take a while to upload, and once it is uploaded, the file will be compressed, and the download link will be provided for the compressed file.
AConvert.com is another platform that can convert video size online. This website can perform the compression of the widely used formats. It has a very simple process of conversion. It can select the files from the local drive, online website, Google Drive, and Dropbox. The platform is capable of converting more than one video at a time. You can also customize the options like cut, merge, rotate, and crop the video files. Follow the steps given below and perform compression of your videos:
Step 1: Open the link given above, and the home page of the website will open up. At first, you will have to select the location of the file and then load the file to the website interface.
Step 2: Select the Target format and then open the drop-down menu of Options to change the bit rate, size and frame rate of the video.
Step 3: Then tap on the Convert Now button, and you will have your video compressed as soon as the website converts the video.
YOUCOMPRESS is an online size converter for various types of files, including videos, songs, images, PDF, etc. This platform offers the simplest and easiest way of compressing video online. You won't require a login ID or registration fee to use this platform. Unlimited files can be converted with this tool, and the files will have no watermark after compression. The website is completely secure, so you don't have to worry about the security of your files. Use the steps given below to compress your videos:
Step 1: Open the home page of the website and click on the Select File option.
Step 2: Load the file into the service interface and click on the Upload File and Compress option.
Step 3: Sit back and relax while the platform uploads the video and compress its size. By the time the tool is done compressing the video, the download link will be provided to save the file on your device.
Part 2. Limits of Online Size Converters
No matter how efficient and helpful these online tools are, there are always some setbacks. These online websites claim to be the best but don't really live up to the expectations. The main drawbacks of these online video size converters are given below:
- The entire listed online converter has a file size limit.
- The online platforms can't perform batch conversion.
- They lack the editing features.
- You can't have a preview of the files that you are about to convert and compress.
- It depends on the network connection, and hence they are usually slow.
Although people prefer to resize videos online, not all online services are efficient and trustworthy. Thus, we need some more efficient tools to convert video size.
Part 3. Best Alternative to Online Size Converters to Compress Videos Easily
Because of the drawbacks, we always choose better alternative solutions. The best alternative for all online video size converters is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate). It is one of the most reliable and authentic tools for media file size compression. With Wondershare video size converter, you can change video resolution, convert video formats, choose bitrate and other settings while compressing, a 20s real-time preview is also available. Additional features of this tool, including video editing, video download, DVD burning, video transferring, etc. Run Wndershare UniConverter on your PC/Mac and start compressing videos with the following guide.
Convert video size with changing video resolution, convert format, select bitrate, and preview functions without losing quality.
Support 1,000+ video/audio formats to compress and convert such as MP4/MKV/AVI/MOV/MP3/WAV.
Edit videos with features of cropping, trimming, rotating, adding watermarks, and others.
Transfer compressed videos from PC/Mac to iPhone/Android devices via a USB cable.
Download videos from YouTube and other 10,000+ video sharing sites by pasting URL.
Supports batch processing to compress and convert multiple files at a time.
Toolbox with additional functions like Screen Recorder, VR Converter, GIF Maker, Fix Media Metadata, and more.
Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7.
Steps to Convert Video Size Using Wondershare UniConverter
Step 1 Add Files to Convert Size
Download, install and run Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) on your PC/Mac. Move to the Video Compressor tab.
Click the + icon to add a video you want to convert video size.
Step 2 Customize Settings to Compress Video
You can find your added video information on the interface, and customize settings like video format, video resolution, and bitrate. Drag the progress bar to changing all settings accordingly. You're allowed to preview the compressed video by clicking on the Preview button.
Step 3 Convert Video Size Easily
Finally, click on the Compress button to convert your video size smaller without losing quality.