- 1. Compress Video/Audio in Different Formats+
- 1.1 Compress MP4 on Winodws & Mac
- 1.2 Reduce Size of MP4
- 1.3 Resize MP4 Videos Online
- 1.4 Compress MP4 Online
- 1.5 Free MP4 Compressors
- 1.6 Compress FLV
- 1.7 Compress MKV
- 1.8 Compress MOV
- 1.9 Compress MOV Online
- 1.10 Compress WMV
- 1.11 Comrpess M4V
- 1.12 Compress MPEG/3GP
- 1.13 Compress H264 File
- 1.14 Compress AVI File
- 1.15 Reduce Size of MKV
- 1.16 Top 5 WebM Compressors
- 1.17 Compress WAV Free Online
- 1.18 FLAC Compression Software
- 1.19 Top 5 Online MP3 Size Reducers
- 1.20 Compress M4A Files Free Online
- 2. Compress Video from Devices/Apps +
- 2.1 Compress iPhone Video
- 2.2 Compress Camcorder Video
- 2.3 Compress GoPro Video
- 2.4 Compress QuickTime Video
- 2.5 Compress Fraps Video
- 2.6 Top 12 File Compressor for Android
- 2.7 MMS Video Size Limit for iPhone/Android
- 2.8 Shorten Videos on iPhone
- 2.9 10 Video Compressor App Android/iPhone
- 2.10 Top 8 Video Size Reducers for Android
- 3. Compress Video with Different Apps +
- 3.1 Resize Video in iMovie
- 3.2 Make VLC Resize Video
- 3.3 Make Windows Movie Maker Resize Video
- 3.4 Different Apps to Compress Video
- 3.5 Compress Videos with Windows Media Player Alternatives
- 3.6 Use FFmpeg to Resize Video
- 3.7 Apple Compressor 4 Alternative
- 3.8 Top 6 Clipchamp Alternatives
- 3.9 Top 7 Video Cutter and Compressor
- 3.10 HandBrake Video Compressor Alternative
- 4. Compress Video for Different Purposes +
- 4.1 Compress Video for Email
- 4.2 Compress Video for Web
- 4.3 Compress Video for YouTube
- 4.4 Compress Video for Vimeo
- 4.5 Compress Video for Facebook, Instagram
- 4.6 Twitter Video Compression
- 4.7 Resize Facebook Video Size
- 4.8 Resize Instagram Video Size
- 4.9 Compress YouTube Video Size
- 4.10 Compress Video for DVD
- 4.11 Send Large Files via Email
- 4.12 Compress Files for WhatsApp
- 4.13 Send Long Videos on WhatsApp
- 5. Other Tips & Tricks +
- 5.1 Full Guide to Compress Video
- 5.2 Free Video Compressors
- 5.3 Top 13 Video Compressors
- 5.4 Top 10 Video Compressor for Mac
- 5.5 Top Audio Compressors
- 5.6 Top 8 Audio Compressor Free Online
- 5.7 Compress Files to Small Size
- 5.8 Compress HD/FHD (4K/1080P) Videos
- 5.9 Compress A Video
- 5.10 Compressed Video Formats
- 5.11 Top 8 Compression Software 2019
- 5.12 Top 9 File Compressors
- 5.13 How to Make A File Smaller
- 5.14 How to Make Video Smaller
- 5.15 Lossless Compression
- 5.16 Top 10 Ways to Reduce Video Size
- 5.17 Compress Files & Folders
- 5.18 Compress Folder Online and Free
- 5.19 Top 6 Online Size Converters
- 5.20 Top 10 Ways to Send Large Videos
- 5.21 Top 5 Video Resizer
- 5.22 Top 6 File Size Reducer
- 5.23 Shorten a Video Online and Free
- 5.24 Change MP4/MP3 Bitrate
- 5.25 11 Ways to Compress Videos Free Online
- DVD Users
- Social Media Users
- Camera Users
- Creative Design
- Movie Users
- Travelling Fans
- Educational Users
- More Solutions
H.264 Video Compression: How to Compress H264 File Easily
H.264 files are video codec standard files that are largely known for their superiority in terms of compression efficiency. Many such videos are created using camcorders and aired on HDTV channels or contained in Blu-ray discs that support the advanced format while guaranteeing high quality as compared to extremely lower bitrates. Sadly, there are times when we need to upload video files to the web or store them, but there are too big.
How one compresses a video file or the form it takes after compression makes a great difference both in terms of end quality and the duration to takes to complete compression. There are many video compression tools that can be used to compress H.264 files. One such tool is Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate).
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) allows you to not only convert videos but also copy DVDs, undertake simple editing, create videos, and share them online. Additionally, the H.264 video compression tool allows you to create compressed videos into formats that are compatible with multiple devices. It is an easy-to-use tool with a friendly user interface.
Typically, when the software is started, it searches for updates before finally loading the dashboard. The dashboard, as shown in the screenshot above, reveals multiple features that the tool can accomplish. At the topmost bar, there are options to convert, burn, and download videos. In the bar below are options to add files, load DVD, and output format. These are function keys that are important in accomplishing the conversion process. The important steps to follow in compression of H264 files using Wondershare UniConverter are as below.
Compress H.264 files by changing video format, bit rate, encoder, resolution, file size, and other parameters.
Reduce H.264 file size without losing any video quality.
Convert H.264 videos to 1000+ video and audio formats with super fast speed.
Trim, cut, crop, and edit H.264 videos with real-time preview
Burn videos to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
Download or record videos from video sharing sites.
Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, CD Burner, and screen recorder.
Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 11 Big Sur, 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7
Detailed Tutorial on How to Compress H264 Files:
Step 1 Adding files to the H.264 video compression tool.
Download, install and launch Wondershare H.264 compressor on your PC/Mac. You'll come to the Video Converter interface by default, then click on the button to open a dialogue box that will then be used to locate the H.264 source videos, as shown below.
Alternatively, you can simply drag and drop the H.264 files directly to the application's primary window. It allows you to add multiple files at a time.
Step 2 Choose the desired output format.
The output format determines the new size of the file. There are multiple formats from which you can select, as shown below. Generally speaking, FLV, WMV, MP4 will be smaller than other formats like MKV, AVI, etc. Click the inverted triangle beside Output Format: option and select the Video tab, choose the target format as you wish, and then the resolution.
Other than the format, users can also select the device for which the compressed files are intended. The devices supported are listed with all leading brands taken into consideration. Gaming devices are also included, and depending on the device you choose, the software will corresponding recommend an appropriate format for conversion and compression to match the device parameters and compatibility.
Step 3 Customize video compression settings.
After choosing the video output format, you can click on the compress icon on the Target bar, and a small window will open up. From this window, you can change video resolution, file size, bit rate, video format, and other parameters easily. Click on the Preview button to check what your video will be.
Step 4 Choose out file location and start H.264 compression.
Once you are accomplished all the previous steps, then you can click the Start All button to start the H.264 video compression process.
It should be noted that the software is very efficient in compression of videos and one can easily monitor the remaining duration during the process. To view the compressed file, one can easily click on the File Location option and select the converted file.