- TRY FREE TRY FREE
- 1. Convert AMR to Other Formats+
- 2. Convert Other Formats to AMR +
- 3. AMR Converters+
Best 5 WAV to AMR Converters in 2020
Want to convert WAV to AMR and looking for the tools to get the task done? You are reading on the right page, as the article below will help you with the popular tool that can convert your WAV files to AMR for playback, storing, editing, or any other reasons.
Part 1. What is an AMR audio file
Standing for Adaptive Multi-Rate, AMR is a compressed audio format that is optimized for the coding of the speech. The format is widely used in GSM and UMTS for storing the audio speech in the form of the voice memo, MMS and others. WAV, on the other hand, is a lossless format that is large in size. So, if you WAV files that you want to use for speech recording, convert it to AMR to reduce the file size and make it compatible with the desired device.
Part 2. 5 top-rated WAV to AMR converter on Mac and Windows
We have picked up the top 5 WAV to AMR converters as below.
Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is a professional tool that supports a wide range of functions including format conversion in over 1000 formats. Using the tool, WAV files can be converted to AMR in lossless quality and at a super-fast speed. You can even batch process to convert multiple files at a time. The built-in editor allows customizing the files and changes in the file parameters as well.
Wondershare UniConverter for Mac/Windows
- Convert WAV to AMR and a host of other formats. The software supports more than 1000 formats for the conversion
- Batch conversion supported for processing multiple files at a time to save time and efforts
- Files to be converted can be added from the computer or directly from a device
- The built-in editor allows file customization and change in parameters
- Windows and Mac support
Steps to convert WAV to AMR using Wondershare UniConverter.
Step 1 Add WAV files to be converted.
Launch the Wondershare WAV to AMR converter, and from the Converter tab, select the Add Files icon to browse and load the WAV videos. Alternatively, you can even click on the + icon or drag and drop the files to the interface.
Step 2 Choose the target format.
At the Output Format tab, choose the AMR format from the Audio list. You can choose the quality as the source file or select from the available options.
Step 3 Convert WAV to AMR.
Clicking on the Start All button process and convert the files. The converted files will save on your computer at the folder selected on the File Location tab, while on the software interface, it will save to the Finished tab.
This is an online tool that requires no software installation and supports the conversion of WAV files to AMR and other supported formats. The maximum file size that can be added is 200MB, and you can change the bit rate of the file if required. Download the converted file from the program interface.
● Add a local file or a URL for an online file to be converted
● Change the file bit rate
● The maximum file size is 200MB
● No editing options are supported by this WAV to AMR online tool
For all types of conversion needs, Convertio is a widely used tool that even supports WAV to AMR conversion. Multiple files within 100MB can be added from the computer, as well as cloud storage for the conversion tool. The settings option allows changing the file parameters like bitrate, codec, volume channels, and frequency. You can even cut the file is required.
● Add files from the computer, link, Google Drive, and Dropbox
● Edit file parameters and even remove the unwanted parts
● Save the converted files to the cloud storage using this WAV to Converter online tool
● The maximum file size supported is 100MB
Convert WAV to AMR using this tool quickly and simply. The process is simple where you need to download the program and add the files to the interface for the conversion. The free version of the software supports 10 conversions in a month, while the paid version allows unlimited conversion with support to batch processing.
● Quick conversion with a simple interface
● Free version available as well
● The free version support only 10 conversions in a month
● The program has to be downloaded
from the computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, and URL can be added to the interface for the conversion process. The maximum supported file size is 1GB. The added files can be edited by changing its parameters like bitrate, codec, channel, and volume. You can even cut the audio and choose to fade-in and fade-out the file.
● Files from multiple sources can be added
● Edit the file parameters and also cut the file to remove unwanted parts
● The maximum file size that can be processed is 1GB by this converter WAV to AMR tool
● Converted files can be saved to the computer as well as cloud storage
Conversion of files using the right tool is very important to ensure quality conversion with additional features, and Wondershare UniConverter is just the right tool for the same. Other freeware and online tools are good to use for basic conversion and when the files are smaller in size and a few.